Chapter Twelve - We'll Find You Sophia.

Amanda's P.O.V

Me and Carl decided to walk around and look for more supplies. We didn't really find anything so far, but we were only at it for like five minutes so I guess that's why. I'm hoping that Daryl and Rick will come back with Sophia. Please come back Sophia. Where are you?

We looked inside a big truck and saw a dead guy inside. Gross. In his arm, he had a package with lots of weapons inside.

"I'm going to try to get it." Carl said.

"Shouldn't we ask one of the adults?" I asked concerned. I didn't want us to get in trouble, or worse. What if he got bit.

"I want to at least try." Carl said.

"Carl, please. What if you get bit?" I asked him.

"I'll be fine." He ran to the other side of the truck and I followed. He opened the door quietly and he got on the step. Please, don't get bit He tugged on it hard and he fell right on top of me. We looked each other in the eyes and started to lean in, but something made us hesitate and he got up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. He had the package in his hands and we took off to find Lori and my dad.

"Shane!" Carl called.

"Carl, what happened?" Lori asked running to us.

"Me and Amanda found something cool. Shane, check it out. It's an arsonal." Carl said, clearly excited.

"That's cool guys. Go give them to Dale." My dad said while fixing up a car.

"Check this one out. Woah, it's a hatchet!" Carl said picking it up.

"Be careful with that. Put it down." Lori said.

"Can me and Carl keep one?" I asked.

"Are you guys crazy?" Lori said.

"No way. Shane, tell her to let us keep one." Carl said.

"Dude, I just said go give them to Dale. Go!" My dad jumped on us. Seriously? We are twelve years old. We are in a zombie apocalypse. We need something to protect ourselves with. What's my dad's problem? He hasn't been the same since we left our camp. Carl looked pissed. So did I. He picked up the arsonal and we walked over to Dale.

"What's his problem?" Carl asked me.

"I don't know. He's changed a lot." I admitted.

"I can see that." He said annoyed.

We put them in the RV and heard a car start. My dad got the car working. I didn't care about that now. Me and Carl are pissed. We aren't kids anymore. I know they want to keep us safe, but my dad has a different reason for being mad. What is it?

It was almost dark and Rick and Daryl weren't back yet. Carol was still standing by the highway edge. I saw Andrea go talk to her as I sat in the RV with Carl and waited. I saw Andrea walk up to Dale and she confronted him.

"Where's my gun? You have no right to take it."

"You don't need that just now, do you?" Dale asked.

"My father gave it to me!"

I didn't listen to the rest of the arguement. I attention was caught when I saw Rick and Daryl walking up...but no Sophia.

"You didn't find her?" Carol cried.

"The trail went cold. You will pick it up again in the morning." Rick told her.

"You can't leave my daughter out there all alone at night."

"Hun, the dark's no good. We'll just be tripping over ourselves. More people will get lost." Daryl said.