Chapter Thirty-Eight - Negotiating & Chaos.

Amanda's P.O.V.

We were finally taken out of the camper by some of the Governor's men. We walked over to one of the trucks they were taking to the prison. They had at least ten cars with them. Maybe more. The Governor even has a tank. Where the hell did he get a tank?

They put Michonne inside the car first. They grabbed my arms and shoved into the car next to Michonne. I sat in the middle of the back seat as they shoved Hershel in next to me. The Governor got in the passenger seat in front of us and one of his men started the car. We drove away from their camp and I could hear the tank behind us.

As we got closer to the prison, I got more nervous and scared. What if the Governor doesn't do what he says he's going to do? What if he kills one of us?

We finally got to the prison. I started breathing very heavily and quickly. The Governor got out of the car and stood on top of the tank. We stayed in the car, waiting for the Governor to make his move. He said something to guy controlling the tank. The guy went inside the tank and I heard a loud crash at the prison. Through the front window, I could see everyone running out of the prison. They saw the Governor and they were all shocked.

"Rick! Come down here! We need to talk!" The Governor yelled.

You could tell by the way the were looking and standing up at the prison that they were not expecting this.

"It's not up to me! There's a council now! They run this place!" Rick yelled back.

"Is Hershel on the council?" The Governor asked.

Some of the Governor's men dragged him out of the car and in front of the fence. They made him get on his knees and facing the fence. Rick and the others were shocked. I could see Beth and Maggie holding each other.

"What about Amanda and Michonne?"

The men came back and dragged us out the car and led us over to Hershel. They shoved me and I fell to my knees next to Hershel. Michonne got on her knees next to me. I could see Carl had a worried look on his face and he grabbed a gun. Lou started panicking when she saw me. I heard a noise and I knew that was someone getting a gun ready behind me.

"I don't make decisions anymore!" Rick yelled.

"You're making the decisions today, Rick. Come down here and lets have that talk." The Governor said.

Rick didn't move. He looked at everybody and they all nodded their heads. Rick finally opened the gate, and started walking down here. I saw Daryl quickly get the cart of guns we kept outside and start passing them out to everybody. Rick finally got down here and saw how scared I looked.

"Let 'em go. Right now. I'll stay down here. Talk as long as you want, but you let 'em go. You gotta tank. You don't need hostages." Rick said to him.

"I do. This is just to show ye' I'm serious. Not to blast a hole in our new home. You and your people have until sundown to get outta here, or they die." The Governor said.

"It doesn't have to go down this way."

"I got more people, more fire power. We need this prison." The Governor said.

He stared a the prison for a minute.

"There it is. It's not about the past. It's about right now."

"There are children here. Some of 'em are sick. They won't survive." Rick said.

I knew he wouldn't tell the Governor I was one of the kids. If he found out, he wouldn't hesitate to kill me.

"Now I have a tank, and I'm lettin' you walk away from here. What else is there to talk about?" The Governor said.