Chapter Fifty-One - We Are The Walking Dead.

Amanda's P.O.V.

Carl and I are officially over. For good.

After I saw him and Lynette in the woods, they immediately turned around when they saw Lou and I. Carl tried to stop me, but I was already gone by the time he got to where I was standing. Tears streamed down my face as I ran back towards the highway. Lou was right behind me trying to make me stop, but I ended up tripping and falling on the ground. My hands ran through my long hair, that was now full of leaves. Lou held onto me as I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Amanda, I'm so sorry." Lou said to me quietly.

"He cheated on me. He actually cheated on me." I sobbed in disbelief. I knew that we were having some problems, but I never thought Carl would actually do this.

"He's an asshole. He deserves to go be with that bitch." Lou said to me. She unwrapped her arms from me and I brushed some of the leaves out of my hair. My face was red and swollen, and tears brimmed my eyes. I was no longer crying. In fact, I wasn't doing anything. I didn't know what to do.

"He said that he loved me." I said emotionless.

"I know he did." Lou sighed sadly as she rubbed my shoulder.

"He-He said that he loved me, Lou." I could barely get out. The walls in my chest clenched tightly, making it very hard to breath. More tears threatened to spill, but they never did. Is this how Carl felt when I broke up with him after Jody? Is this really how much it hurt?

"Amanda, he fucked up. He messed with the wrong girl. Fuck him. You don't need a boy who doesn't respect you. If he has the audacity to kiss another girl while he's with you, then he's an ass. He doesn't deserve you."

"I didn't know that was how he dealt with his problems. Apparently I was wrong." I said as I stood up.

"Boys are strange. And fuckers." Lou said and that made me smile a little bit, but my heart still ached.

"What the hell am I supposed to do now?" I asked her quietly, looking at her for the first time since I basically broke down right in front of her. She looked genuinely concerned, and that made me really thankful that she was my best friend.

"We're going to go back to the highway, and you're going to keep your head high. Carl is going to see you feeling good, and he is going to regret that he ever decided to be a cheating dip-shit, dick ass fuck boy. You're going to show him that you're okay, because believe it or not, you will be, Amanda. He's just a boy. Don't let him get in the way of how far you've come." Lou said with a small smile as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I smiled at her lightly before picking up my knife from the ground.

"It's going to be okay?" I asked her again.

"Absolutely." She answered.

And with that being said, we started back through the woods towards the highway. Even though it hurts really bad right now, maybe Lou's right.

Maybe this will all be okay in the end.

-------

A couple of hours later, we were back on the highway. We still haven't found any water, and my mouth was completely dry. We haven't drank anything in days, and it was taking a toll on all of us. My legs felt as there were weights dragging behind them as I forced myself to continue walking next to Lou. She took her empty canteen and tried to shake any of the water left inside into her mouth. With not much luck, she sighed and put the canteen back into her bag.