Don't hurt him

homophobia warning 

     "You're sure you're ready for this Con?" Evan questioned, holding his boyfriends hand tightly at the steps to the Murphy's household. He had been over plenty of times before, but this time his heart was beating faster.

     "I'm not ashamed of you. I want to show my family how proud of I am of you..." Connor murmured, turning the knob shakily to open the door. They let their hands go, smiling weakly to each other as they walked in.

     "Mom? Dad? Can you come here for a minute? Evan's here." His parents rushed into the room, Larry smiling brightly to see Evan. 

      "Nice to see you, Evan." Larry said shaking his hand, then sitting on the couch next to Cynthia who offered a wave hello to Evan.

      "You too... C-Connor and I wa-wanted to tell you something."

      "Oh?"

      "We're dating." Connor said with lazy jazz hands, taking Evan's hand in his own and kissing it softly. 

      "Aw! Honey I'm so happy for y-"

      "Get out of my house, queer slut." Larry said as he looked directly at Evan, getting up from the couch.

      "Dad, shut the fuck-"

     "No, you turned my son gay. He was fine before he met you. You're no longer allowed in this house."

     "Larry! Haven't you seen how much he's helped Connor? He makes our son happy!" Larry glared at Cynthia, looking back to Evan and raising his fists shakily.

      "Evan get back." Connor yelled to late as Larry punched Evan across the face, leaving a developing bruise across his jaw. Connor looked furious as he punched his father back, knocking him to the ground. He grabbed Evan and held him close to him, kissing him in front of Larry on the ground. 

     "Larry get the fuck out of my house." Connor nearly screamed at Larry, kicking him with the heel of his boot harshly. 

     "That's sir to you, son. Now get away from that homo and we can just forget this even happened-"

     "You hurt him. You hurt my boyfriend. G-Get away from him!" He yelled again as Larry tried to get up, pushing him back to the ground. Evan had tears streaming down his face, causing Connor's attention to shift to him.

     "Are you okay? We can go and get help... I'm so sorry he hurt you." Connor whispered to Evan, ignoring his family as he kissed the spot where Larry had left a mark.

     "I-It doesn't hurt... Physically. I want him to accept you, accept us! You deserve to feel safe..." Evan choked out, hiding his head in Connor's chest.

     "Oh, shut up!" Larry had gotten up and pushed Evan to the floor, causing Cynthia to get up and grab her husband.

     "If this is how you treat my family, we're not going to be able to see each other anymore."

      "Why not? We can send Connor to that shock therapy and get our son back."

     "My son is back and it's because Evan saved him, now I'm going to warn you once more to get out of this house..." She screamed at him, shooting a sympathetic look to Connor and Evan as they gripped onto each other tightly.

     "This is my house! I pay the bills, Cynthia." His fists were tight again, looking over to Connor angrily.

     "Boys, please, run. Run to Heidi and call the fucking police." Cynthia's voice was shaking as she grabbed a nearby beer bottle and holding it defensively. Connor hated to leave his mother, but he wanted to keep Evan safe. He grabbed Evan's hand and sprinted from the house, tears spilling from his eyes as they ran through the streets to Evan's house.

     "Don't look back, j-just keep going. W-We're almost safe." Evan yelled to Connor as the cold wind whipped against them. Connor gripped Evan's hand tighter and ran up the stairs to Evan's house and shot through the door. They collapsed together, Evan on top of Connor and sobbing while Connor cried silent tears.

     "He fucking hurt you! I'm going to fuck him up real bad. No one hurts you... He's supposed to accept us and love you and love me..." Connor rambled hysterically, Evan just leaning over to kiss him through their tears.

     "I-I know and... Don't fight for me. You c-can come live here with me and we can cuddle all night! R-Right?"

     "As much as I'd fucking love that, I wanted them to love you more... You're amazing and m-mean so much to me." Connor stumbled on his words, sitting up to hug Evan close to his chest.

     "Connor, I thought I heard your voice- Oh my god, honey what happened to you?" Heidi's voice turned angry, looking to Connor for some source of reason.

     "N-No it wasn't Connor! It doesn't even hurt that much. W-We have to call the police though because... It was his dad." 

     "Larry." Connor confirmed, kissing Evan to show Heidi he really cared for the other. She awed for a second before pulling out her phone.

     "Why would he do that?"

      "We told him and my mom... About us. He wasn't even mad at me! He attacked Evan." He said nearly yelling, Evan just rubbing circles into Connor's arm to get him to calm down a little. Heidi covered her mouth in shock, dialing the police and explaining the situation.

     "Please hurry, there's a young girl and a mother in there..." Heidi said as her voice cracked, hanging up the phone. Connor held Evan tight as his tears became louder. He was scared for his mother and Zoe. He didn't want them to have to live with Larry any longer. 

     "T-They're on their way. I think it's safer for you guys to stay here... I'll go over when I hear the sirens." Heidi sat down next to Evan for a moment, kissing his cheek and then kissing Connor's too. Connor's angry expression softened, nearly smiling to Heidi.

     "There's some trader joe's dumplings in the fridge... I'll be back. Connor, you can sleep over if you'd like." Heidi smiled weakly and grabbed her keys before rushing out the door. Evan heard the jingle of the metal leave and he grabbed Connor to hug him tight, crying again.

     "I-I just want him to accept you! You deserve to be accepted!" Evan yelled out somehow quietly. 

     "I don't even fucking care anymore. All that matters is that we're safe. You're safe." Connor mumbled, kissing Evan's bruise over and over. He picked up the boy in his arms, hearing him laugh a little as he carried him to his room across the hall. They collapsed together on the bed, managing to laugh together through the tears. Connor fell on top of Evan, holding on to him tightly.

      "I love you." Connor said for the first time in a hushed voice, Evan flustering but kissing the other.

     "I love you too. We're going to be okay." He said managing a smile, grabbing Connor to pull him closer. He could hear the other boys breathes come out shakily, leaving a small trail of kisses down his face and they cuddled.

     "Are you sure your bruise is okay?"

     "Y-Yeah."

      "I'm gonna give Larry one ten times bigger than that." Connor smiled, pulling Evan closer. Their lips connected, pushing against each others lips deeply. Evan held Connor's face in his hands, stroking his thumb over his jaw.

     "I love you but you have to get off of me, you're bigger and I'm weak." Evan murmured through a laugh, Connor rolling off of him but over to the side of him to throw his arm around the smaller boy. He felt safe, and Evan felt safe, and that was all that mattered to them.

//

a.n: i had this idea and rlly wanted to write it so hERE also i'm working on a bunch of stuff so yAy i haven't updated my actual fic in awhile and i'm sorry i'm just,, a bad person sO