Theater Kids pt 1

psa i know theater stuff but this will be v sped up for the point of a one shot 

     Connor's eyes lit up as he walked into the auditorium. Besides being addicted to weed, he was also addicted to theater. He held the audition script tight in his hands, the school was putting on Heathers and he couldn't be happier. He had actually taken the time to prepare, "One Song Glory" from Rent and he was aiming to be cast as JD, the murderous boyfriend. 

     Evan was grumbling as his theater geek friend Jared pushed him into the auditorium and tried to avoid everyone he could. He had a crumpled sheet of music in his hand, it was "Dear Thedosia" from Hamilton. He was already blushing madly before he was even called on stage.

     "C'mon Evannn... It'll help your anxiety! And maybe you'll meet someone so you can get out of high school without being a virgin." Jared was Evan's closest friend. He was really fucking gay, and was famous for having sex with seemingly straight guys.

     "Ja-Jared I can't even sing that well..." 

     "Shut up. I mean, don't shut up. You can sing better than anyone else in this school." Evan blushed, hiding his head in his hands.

     "Connor Murphy?" The directors voice boomed over a microphone, indicating for him to get on stage. Evan saw the mysterious boy walk on stage and felt his heart beat faster. The way Connor's long hair fell on his shoulders and his noticeable quiet eyes stood out to Evan and he felt himself become extremely self conscious. Evan stared interested through Connor's whole performance, feeling small after he heard his strong voice. Through the rest of the auditions Evan let his mind drift off, mindlessly playing with the side of his crumpled music sheet.

     "And finally, Evan Hansen?" Evan walked timidly on stage, taking a short breath before belting out the song. Connor watched from the back seat of the theater, his feet up on the chair in front of him as if it were his home. He was stunned by Evan's performance, seeing how much emotion he could put into the song and how strong his voice was. He smiled as he saw the boy shrink and rush off the stage after he finished his song. 

      "All right. Cast list will be posted tomorrow." The crowd walked lazily out of the auditorium, a tense aura in the air above the anxious teens.

     The following day Evan tried to sneak into school without running into anyone he would be required to talk to, and he just wanted a peak at the cast list so he could have a confirmation that he failed. He saw Jared running up to him with a smile and he raised an eyebrow.

     "Dude. Did you see?" Evan shook his head and Jared rolled his eyes and tugged him by the wrist to the crowded board. Evan's breath hitched at the crowd, but he managed to take a quick glance at the cast list. He gasped at seeing his name.

     Ronnie Sawyer - Evan Hansen

    "H-How is that possible? I'm a guy...?" 

     "I don't fucking know but you did it! You were better than everyone else anyways. And I got Ram! Who's probably secretly gay for Kurt so that'll be fun." Jared winked at the boy playing Kurt, then sauntering over and starting up a conversation. Evan envied that he couldn't be that outgoing, but he was soon pushed out of the crowd anyways and into somebody behind him.

     "I-I'm so sorry! I was just trying to look at the board..."

     "Hey... Chill. Wait, you're Evan Hansen. Hi. I'm Connor." Connor said holding out a hand to shake. Evan took it with a confused expression, wondering why the cute boy from yesterday was possibly interested in talking to him.

     "I'm playing JD in the musical. So I guess we're spending the next few months working together." Evan nearly collapsed. He couldn't imagine how he was going to make it through the next agonizing weeks performing with Connor without blushing, or getting hard, or falling even more for him. 

     "O-Oh shit, y-yeah. I'm Evan. I said that. Sorry, a-anyways I'll see you at rehearsal today...?" Evan said awkwardly, a blushing mess already and realizing he had been holding onto Connor's hand since they had shook hands. He quickly let go and saw Connor's face fall a little, only to be hidden quickly by a smile.

     "Yep! Do you want to meet me at lunch? I'd love to get to know you better... I mean so we can act around each other more comfortably and shit." 

     "S-Sure! I usually sit under that big tree right outside... See you then!" Evan quickly turned and made a dash for his first period class. Connor smiled after the boy, finding his awkwardness in every way adorable. 

    At lunch, Evan sat under the tree picking at his skin around his fingers. He was nervous that Connor would stand him up, then going to laugh with his theater friends about how he fooled the loser Evan Hansen. Evan whimpered to himself and felt his eyes begin to tear up before he heard the crunch of boots in crisp leaves.

     "Hey! Sorry, I got caught up with some chick who keeps flirting with me, she doesn't get that I'm gay." Connor chuckled, sitting down next to Evan. Evan couldn't take the words the boy had just said lightly and looked at Connor in shock.

     "Oh shit. Are you homophobic? Please don't be homophobic. I really like you and-"

    "N-No! No. I'm bisexual. I was just surprised you were gay..." Evan muttered, fumbling with a bag of pretzels he had packed himself for lunch. 

     "Really? I thought I made it obvious. Anyways, you good? You looked like you were going to cry for a second."

     "I'm okay. D-Do you know what songs they want us to work in rehearsal today?"

     "Hm... I think it said Beautiful annndd... Dead Girl Walking?"

     "Oh. Nice." Evan was freaking out. There was no way he could get through undressing and kissing Connor without getting somewhat aroused and it becoming painfully obvious that he had a crush on him. 

     "Yeah. So Hansen, what do you do? Like, how do you describe yourself?"

     "Well, Murphy, I'm quiet, anxious, and I like to sing. My friend, well only friend, Jared convinced me to sign up for the musical and now we're here. You?" Evan said with a soft smile and looking up to the taller boy.

     "I'm a loner I guess. No one pays attention to me, and I smoke weed sometimes so I don't let my thoughts catch up to me. Oh, and I'm fucking gay. And you have more than one friend. You have me." Connor stated simply, smiling back down at Evan.

     "T-Thanks..." Evan blushed again, trying to hide his face.

     "You blush a lot. That's cute."

     "R-Really? I mean, sorry..." Evan trailed off, resting his head on his knees.

     "No need to apologize for being attractive."

     "Are you hitting on me? You shouldn't. I'm really annoying and-"

     "Shut up Hansen. You're cute. I like you. And from your blushing, I think you might like me." Evan stayed silent, trying not to admit to Connor so quickly.

     "I think you doooooo." Connor sang to him, pushing him softly with his shoulder.

     "I think I do too." Evan murmured, and Connor gave himself a silent cheer.

    "Then rehearsal should be... fun. I'll see you after school, Ev!"

     "B-Bye?" Evan called after Connor as he was running back to the school to get to class on time. Evan strolled back into the building so he could avoid the rush of people, then suddenly shaking as he made eye contact with an all to familiar face.

    "Evan Hansen. Haven't seen you in awhile."

//

a.n: i'll make part 2 tonight or tmrow lol i love heathers also plz plz check out my be more chill one shots they r homosexual and i will be updating them a lot.