Dancer

Evan's feet were always bruised from his dance shoes. It was numb to him, he just loved the expertise so much that it didn't really matter. He went to the studio nearly everyday to practice, and he would perform on weekends for small audiences that seemed to get a little bigger every time. Sometimes, someone would stop him in the streets and try to compliment him on his dancing.

      "Your routine was amazing today! I'm such a big fan of your work."

     "T-Thanks but I really have t-to go now..."

      "Can I just get a pict-"

      "Mr. Hansen, we have to go prepare for your next show. Sorry, ma'am." Evan smiled brightly as the taller boy whisked him away. Connor was Evan's assigned dance partner as of a few days ago and the two had hit it off very well. There was an undeniable romantic tension between the two, but both were to scared to admit it yet. They walked to the studio awkwardly, Evan and Connor occasionally stealing glances at the other.

     "W-Well, thank you Mr. Murphy." Evan managed to say the last bit confidently, blushing up to Connor.

     "No problem. Hey, ready for our first practice together?" Connor hadn't seen Evan dance much before. He was new to the city and had only heard incredible reviews of Evan's work. He expected the boy to cower but instead as they walked into the studio Evan nodded excited. The smell of aging wood filled the air, Evan doing a little twirl as he walked in. Connor was surprised to see the boy have so much confidence after his encounter on the street. The whole studio seemed to light up as Evan entered, the boy smiling widely as they made their way to the locker room.

     After changing, Evan emerged from the bathroom stall in a black shirt and quite short black shorts. Connor blushed, peaking at the other boy as he came out adorned in a black tank top and black leggings. They were both blushing madly as they walked out side by side to the practice room.

      "W-Wanna just... Start?" Evan said, his voice all of a sudden small. Their director had given them a cd with the music along with a digital file, and Evan opted to plug his phone into the speaker. Connor nodded, going through the steps from his earlier individual rehearsal. The music started, Unsteady by the X Ambassadors starting to course through the room. Evan and Connor stood face to face, looking at each other as they breathed heavily. The cue came for Connor to throw himself against the wall, Evan following soon after rhythmically. Evan took Connor then into his arms flawlessly, somehow managing to lift the boy up effortlessly.

      Next the pushed apart to do a drop to the ground together. Evan did it without a mistake, Connor stumbling a little as they came back up. Connor's next move was to pick up Evan and hold him around his head, then lowering the boy down and stepping over him almost sexually. Evan got through the part with a blush while Connor nearly dropped him.

     "If you love me, don't let go..." The music played on, Evan twirling into Connor's side and holding his head against the side of Connor's doing everything he could to not reach out and kiss him in that moment. They pushed away again, only to return with Evan coming back to run and jump onto Connor, the long haired boy then dipping him as Evan's legs wrapped around his waist. His hand was shaky on Evan, but Evan had an emotion on his face Connor had never seen before. It was so calm yet so full of love and passion. He blushed at seeing Evan's lips turn a little upwards as to show a small smile.

     "I'm a little unsteady..." Evan sang along as he collapsed against Connor, feeling the boy push him right back onto his feet. They fought against each other as they pushed and pulled their bodies closer and farther. Evan did another flying leap, Connor dropping him for a mere second before holding him tight upside down by the waist.