Caught

Zoe Murphy was fed up with her brother. She hated the smell of his weed, and she hated being ignored. She groaned at being left alone with him for the afternoon while her parents worked, so she locked herself in her room and prayed not to breathe in weed for the rest of the afternoon. The sound of a door slamming made her jump, and the whispering of voices caught her attention.

     "CONNOR if this is your drug dealer you better start running now!" Zoe yelled out, hoping her voice would travel through the door.

     "W-What do you mean...? I'm alone..." Connor downstairs mumble-yelled out, holding his hands over a certain Evan's mouth and telling him to shush.

     "Okay... Whatever you say..." Zoe said, to lazy to try to argue with him because she knew he wouldn't listen.

     Connor and Evan giggled downstairs, walking in each others arms to the sofa. 

     Zoe hear laughter which prompted further sleuthing. She walked slowly downstairs to peek around the corner into the Murphy's living room, gasping a little before slamming her hands over her mouth.

     She saw Evan Hansen, a boy from school, draped over her brother's body on the sofa. Connor's hands tangled in Evan's soft, short hair and his arms wrapped around the shoulders of the smaller boy. Evan leaned up to kiss Connor's jawbone, smiling up at him when Connor kissed his forehead in return. The boys legs were tangled lovingly with each other.

     Zoe started smiling, a little mischievous but still a little caring. She was glad her brother wasn't high and had found someone that looked like he cared for him. She sat down, hiding herself behind the wall near the stairs and watched the boys for a bit.

     Evan reached up to Connor again, kissing him on the lips this time. Connor put his hands on Evan's back, kissing him deeper and deeper and starting a more heated make out session.

     Zoe put her head in her hands, trying to leave them alone in their own peace.

     "I love you, Con" Evan whispered quietly into the kiss, watching Connor blush.

     "I love you too, cutie." Connor said biting Evan's lip softly as he kissed him back.

    Zoe awed a little, feeling bad for watching but happy she could finally tease her brother with something. In moments, a phone was buzzing wildly.

     Evan and Connor jumped, Evan quickly reaching for his phone. He stood up quickly, looking scared.

     "Imsososorry Connor, I gotta go I forgot I had to be home by 5 and its already 5:30.... I'm really sorry..." Evan said quickly, picking up his worn out backpack from school.

     Connor stood up to stand across Evan, holding in his arms and kissing his forehead quickly.

     "Shh... It's okay. go. I'll text you..." Connor whispered to the boy, trying to calm him down. 

     She heard the sound of lips meeting once more and then footsteps and a door slamming. Zoe got up to strut her way down the rest of the stairs, walking in on Connor trying to fluff the pillows quickly.

     "What's up bro?" She spoke with a naughty smile, laughing a little.

      "N-Nothing! Just- Fixing things up to look nice... Y'know?"

      "Yea. wouldn't want mom and dad to figure out you're gay as fuck by looking at pillows."

      "ZOE."

      Connor looked over to her completely alert, knowing she had seen it all. he panicked, breathing heavily.

     "You can't tell them. or anyone. Don't even talk to Evan either. I can't let him get hurt..." Connor started rambling on, scared he might lose Evan if Zoe said anything.

     "Relax. I'm happy for you and your boyfriend, I won't tell. You guys are hella cute when you cuddle." Zoe said smirking, rocking back on her heels a little.

     "Zoooeee... Thank you. You're... Pretty cool. Love the purple streaks, by the way." Connor said with some finger guns, backing his way upstairs. Probably to get high and try to distract himself, but it was numbing to Zoe at that point. She rolled her eyes, smiling a bit to herself.

     "Thanks. You're "pretty cool" too." She said plopping on the couch and switching on Netflix. As soon as Connor went upstairs she whipped out her phone, scrolling to text Jared Kleinman.

     "i owe you ten dollars. they're hella gay."   

//

a.n: short fluff that i hate! i kinda got this idea from an author on ao3 but i changed it up a lot lolol 

a.n later: THIS IS SO BAD but i edited