Theater Kids pt 2

"Evan Hansen. Haven't seen you in awhile."

     Evan gulped as he saw the familiar face of Will, his ex boyfriend. He did his best to put on a smile and wave back at the more buff boy, but he was horrified to be standing alone in the hallway with him. 

     "H-Hi..."

     "I hear you're the lead in the musical. I'll be playing Heather Chandler so we'll be seeing each other much more often." Will smirked as he playfully moved his body closer to Evan's. Evan took a scared step backwards.

     "C-Cool... I gotta go but I'll see you around I guess..." Evan trailed off and started walking quickly towards his class, only to be stopped by Will coming up behind him and putting his hand on Evan's waist. His hand traveled lower than Evan deemed comfortable and he made a small noise that sounded like a squeak as he tried to get away from the other.

     "You've gotten hotter, Hansen. Stop hanging around that Murphy kid, you can do better, like... me" Will whispered, squeezing the uppermost part of Evan's thigh before strutting off down the hall in the other direction. Evan felt tears in his eyes as he ran past the class he was supposed to be in and to the bathroom. He locked the door behind him and let his body sink to the ground, he felt dirty. He turned on the sink and washed his face, crying even more as he saw his pathetic expression in the mirror.

     When the end of the day came Evan's eyes were red from crying and he just barely convinced himself to go to rehearsal. He found Connor quickly, and stuck to his side for the fear that Will would approach him again. Connor was surprised at the boys sudden attention to him, but accepted it and took the opportunity to flirt with him more. 

     "Excited?" Connor questioned, punching Evan in the arm lightly and in a friendly sort of way. Evan jumped at the touch and shrunk away from Connor with fear in his eyes. He realized what he had done and quickly blushed and squeezed his eyes shut in embarrassment.

     "Y-Yea... I-I'm happy that I get to hear yo-you sing more, you sounded really good in your audition!" Evan said cheerily, trying to cover up the trigger he just had. 

     "Not as good as you."

     "Everyone in Beautiful on stage, lets try it out." The director yelled up to the cast that was either lazily sitting in the audience, or getting high outside. Evan smiled at Connor before running up to the stage, taking out his script and taking a deep breath. He got through most of the song with a flawless performance until the Heathers entered. He felt his breath hitch and his face redden when Will walked on. 

     "And ya know, ya know, ya know? This could be beautiful..." Will had put his hand under Evan's chin and brought his face close to Evan's. He smirked at the boy, rubbing his thumb under the soft skin.

     "Okay?"

     "O-Okay!"

     "Evan you need to be more assertive with that line. Really act like your happy to be around them." Evan nodded shakily, when in reality he couldn't hate anything more than being around the trio of them. The song ended and Evan exhaled, feeling Will's eyes on him he ran to where Connor was sitting and collapsed next to him.

     "Are you and Will... close?" Connor questioned, having seen the other act strangely after the Heathers had entered.

     "M-My ex. I'll tell you about it later." Evan said quickly, taking a minute to distract himself in his script before having to go on stage again.

     "Hi homos. Ready for your sex on stage?" Jared had come up behind the boys, affectionately ruffling both of their hair. 

     "S-Shut up Jared..."