Overstimulation

TRIGGER WARNING: panic/anxiety attack, vomit mention, drug (weed) mentions,, please also read the authors note at the end <3

     The music wasn't even that loud. The bright lights and the screaming people are what got to him. Everyone was crammed in next to each other and it was hard to breathe. Connor's breath was hitching as he started to hyperventilate. He tried to move his way to the side or the back to get out of the way, mumbling a quick apology. It was hard to see so he ended up falling on his face in front of a shorter boy, feeling tears spike to his eyes.

     "Fu-Fuck I'm really sorry I have t-to go..." 

     "Hey, it's okay. Do you need help?" The boy smiled to him, offering him a hand up. Connor took the hand shakily, nearly falling back down again. The boy had short dirty blonde hair and didn't look like he fit in with the rest of the concert crowd.

     "N-No... Enjoy the concert just pl-please let me get out." 

     "I can't let you go alone... I'm just gonna walk with you, okay? I'm Evan." 

     "Connor." He stated simply, feeling Evan put a hand supportively on him so he didn't fall. Together the boys managed to get out of the hyped crowd, eventually finding a spot in the grass outside far away from people. Evan sat Connor down, looking at him concerned. Connor was crying, shaking a lot as he rode out a panic attack.

     "C-Can't breathe..."

     "Yes, you can. Here, just start with taking a few deep breaths, okay Connor?" Connor nodded quickly, breathing in quickly at first but managing to get a grip slowly on his breathing.

     "Do you have anyone I can call?"

     "I-I live alone... I'm not the type t-to have fr-friends either..." He managed a laugh as he spat out the sentence, going back to concentrating on his breathing. Small red marks were starting to appear along his arm as he snapped a hair elastic on himself to try to get him centered. 

     "I'm gonna stay with you. I don't really care about the concert... A friend dragged me here. You're health is more important."

     "V-Vomit... I go-gotta vomit..." Connor started scratching at his arms and he squeezed his eyes tight. He felt his stomach churn, doubling over trying not lose the contents of his stomach. Evan's hand rested on his shoulder, rubbing small circles to try to calm him down. Choking a little, he managed to keep himself from puking as he gasped out.

     "N-Nevermind I guess..."

     "That's okay. If you need to just do it. Okay... This usually calms me down a little... Can you name... Three things you can hear, touch, and see?"

     "Uhh... I can hear the c-concert, wind... and some people screaming." 

     "That's good. I mean, that you can identify that stuff. You're good, you're okay. Keep breathing..." 

     "I-I feel grass... and my sweatshirt," He shuffled in his pockets. "and an old h-hemp bracelet. What w-was the last thing?"

     "Three things you can see... Only if you want to though like if this isn't helping-"

     "N-No! I like it... It's helping. I s-see... sky... lights... a-and a cute boy." Connor blushed a little, weaving the bracelet between his fingers as he distracted himself. Evan stared at Connor for a second before blushing bright red, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

     "Thanks? I mean that probably wasn't meant towards me I mean why would it be-"

     "It was m-meant about you..."