Chapter 40: Davy Back Games 2/2

"The second event of the Davy Back Fight is over! The invisible Groggy Monsters have been defeated. In an upset win, the Straw Hat team has come through... with a spectacular victory!"

"Damn right! Zoro, (y/n), and Sanji would never lose!" laughed Luffy with his arms crossed.

"Nami-san! Robin-chan! (y/n)-swan! Did you see me?~ So, do you love me~?"

"You were wonderful" smiled Robin.

"Dammit you guys! You had me worried!" Usopp slapped Zoro repeatedly. "You did well to follow my orders!"

"You didn't do anything..." you passed them.

"Now, because the Straw Hat team won the second event, the Groggy Ring...they may select either one crew member or the symbol of the Foxy Pirates! Whom does the Straw Hat captain want?" said the announcer and there was a drum roll.

"It's obvious, isn't it" stated Luffy after a long pause, and you noticed how some members of the Foxy Pirates try to avoid his stare funnily like you had any interest in them in the first place. "Yosh, here goes-"

"Hold on" Nami stopped him and all the Foxy Pirates fell backward.

"What's that, Nami?"

"Oyabin's going to sabotage the third event, right? If we have to deal with his Noro Noro beam, any game under any rules would be hard to win. Therefore, if we take Oyabin, we can easily win the third event. Even if we take Chopper back now, if something bad happens in the third event they might end up taking him back" explained the navigator. "So, for now, we'll take Oyabin, and set ourselves up to win the next game! That's the easiest way to get Chopper back!"

"W-What did she say?! They want Captain Foxy?!" yelled the announcer in surprise, and immediately received negative answers from the crowd. "There's no rule against it, but...Taking the enemy's captain after the second event...is nothing short of a cheap trick to back out the challenge! This is travesty! I can't believe my ears! That woman has offered the Devil's temptation! She's the anarchist navigator, Nami!"

"Watch what you say about Nami-san!" growled Sanji at the crying crowd. "I will kill you all!"

"Never in the long history of the Davy Back Fight - even in the earliest times - has anyone attempted this! Now, I ask you! If a team wins by taking the other's leader, can you truly call it a victory?"

"NO" the crowd crossed their arms in a 'X'.

"Can anyone rightfully make a mockery of this sacred battle sworn to Davy Jones?!"

"NO"

"Wah, I hate them!" sobbed Nami against Robin, and you deadpanned.

"Even if it isn't against the rules, it appears to go against the anesthetics of piracy" told the archaeologist.

"What's with them? They are starting to piss me off" groaned Luffy as the crowd yelled the word 'Peanut' over and over again.

"I agree with Nami!" said Usopp, lifting his hand.

"That's not how things work. Nami, that was a bad idea" scoffed the swordsman before he earned a punch behind the head by the ginger girl.

"That's enough out of all of you! Don't get carried away!" she said darkly. You were almost proud of her.

"WE'RE VERY SORRY" bowed Foxy.