╟ Chapter 114: Leaving Fishman Island ╢

You took a small walk around the palace, thinking about what happened a moment ago. You didn't know what that boy's problem was, and why he kept telling you to leave them. It isn't like you had a choice to begin with. Two years ago, you desperately wanted to run away each times you reached a suitable island.

Only your captain had the tendency of choosing spots that were either weird or creepy. Places filled with 'adventures', like he likes to say. And then, you started to enjoy somewhat the thrills, and the new things you discovered along the journey.

As you approached the Koukaku Tower, you were about to turn on your heels and return back to the banquet. Until you heard a loud scream from Shirahoshi, and you quickly dashed in this direction.

"ANYBODY! SOMEBODY!" she shrieked, her voice muffled by something.

"Don't make such a bitter face, your Highness!" said a familiar voice, followed by an irritating laugh. "Don't worry, this isn't gonna hurt"

You turned the corner and saw Caribou pinning the princess down with his disgusting Devil Fruit's power, mud covering her body. She was slowly sinking into the ground, her struggle stopped by the muddy hand holding her mouth closed.

"After I stole the treasure, selling mermaids seemed like more trouble than it's worth, but you're a special case! I just need you to go to sleep for a little while! My brother and the others just let me know that they've arrived here! Let's go to the New World together!" continued Caribou, not noticing that you were standing right behind him.

"Oi" you simply said.

"What do you want, old woman?" inquired the bastard, looking over his shoulder. "I'm busy here. Don't disturb me! Licky-licky-licky-licky-licky....Licky....Lick....Li...L...."

His long tongue stood still, sweat running down his face when he finally realized that you were there. All the hair on his body lifted up as terror racked inside him. Caribou started to laugh nervously, paling considerably when he heard the crack of your knuckles.

A loud sound came out the moment your fist landed on his face, the royal palace trembling a little. The next thing Caribou knew, he was sent flying outside the kingdom and into Fishman Island, screaming in pain.

"Old woman?" you repeated indignantly, putting your hands on your hips. "Sheesh..."

"(y/n)-sama!" cried in relief Shirahoshi, hugging you against her cheek. "I was so terrified!"

You could barely comprehend her words through all the tears.

"Calm down already! I told you many times about your crying business!!" you snapped.

"Oi, (y/n)!"