Chapter 64: Skeleton

It was a brand new day on the sea, with the three idiots (Luffy, Usopp and Chopper) playing games like throwing themselves from the swing set and see who can make the longest distance. Franky was tinkering below, having new ideas already. Robin was watering the flowers in the garden at the upper level of the ship and you had no idea about the others' location.

On your side, you were enjoying your new toys in your workshop, creating some weapons left and right. In fact, Franky asked you to make some kind of cannon for one of his 'secret' projects. Deciding to take a break, you exited to take some fresh air outside.

"Darn it! They keep getting away! I can't catch any!" cried out Chopper from where was the aquarium.

"All righty! Now it's my turn!" said Luffy.

"No, wait! If they pull you into the water, you Devil Fruit power holders will drown! Leave this to me" stated Usopp.

"What are you all doing?" you demanded, approaching the trio as the sniper jumping inside the aquarium.

"We are trying to catch octopuses for lunch!" replied your captain. You took a step back when one of the octopuses were thrown out of the water. "There's one!"

Suddenly, the water turned black and the guys started to panic slightly.

"What's going on? The water turned pitch black!" sweated the doctor.

"Hey! Are you okay down here?!" yelled Luffy.

"Usopp's in trouble! The octopi latched onto him!" shouted Nami, arriving on the deck.

"USOPP!" Luffy stretched an arm in the water. "It's no good! The water's so dark I can't see where he is! Gyah-!"

Both you and Chopper grabbed Luffy's shorts before he could sink in the aquarium, tugging him back. The young man shook his head to rid himself of the black liquid, and a smile graced his lips.

"If I know where they are, I can...Gomu Gomu no....GATLING!" he used one of his techniques, pulling out Usopp. "He's alive!"

"YOUR PUNCHES NEARLY KILLED ME!" barked Usopp, numerous bumps covering his face.

"All this over some measly octopi" Sanji clicked his tongue, coming out of the kitchen.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SAID TO GO GET THEM"

"Hey, something's floating on the water" announced Zoro from the crownest.

"What? What?" repeated Luffy, running in the other direction to lean and gaze down at the ocean.