╟ Chapter 116: Punk Hazard ╢

The storm was raging all around you, lightning coursing through the sky and booming loudly. The waves could reach a height that was far much taller than the Sunny. A warm welcome from the New World, as they would say. Luffy couldn't stand still as he held himself tightly at the head of the ship, laughing in delight at all the action going around him.

"Are you kidding me? A sea of fire now?" you deadpanned at the sight of an island surrounded by a fire.

"Look! A volcanic eruption!" cried out Luffy at the front. "Let's drop anchor at that island!"

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!"

"Wait, Luffy! None of the Log Pose's needles point to that island!" said Nami.

"Let's go to that island!" decided your captain, not listening to the navigator.

"I TOLD YOU TO WAIT"

"What're you talking about?! Those are volcanoes! Volcanoes! Doesn't it look fun?!"

"No, it doesn't!" you snarled, slapping the back of his head.

"Listen, Luffy! None of the three compass needles point to that island!" repeated Nami. "It's an anomaly, even in the abnormal New World!"

The volcano erupted once more, and Luffy ran to the side of the ship to get a better view of it.

"We can see it right there! Who cares about the needles? We're dropping anchor, no matter what you say!"

"No way! We can't get any closer than this! I mean, IT'S A SEA OF FIRE!" barked the ginger girl while your captain laughed.

Suddenly, cries resonated from the kitchen, making everyone pause and look in this way. You all ran up to the room to find the Den-Den Mushi crying its eyes out for an unknown reason. Probably a call from a stranger close by. Luffy approached the snail, tilting his head to the side in confusion:

"What's going with him? Does his stomach hurt or what?"

"Idiot, that's an emergency signal" spoke Sanji. "Someone's calling for help"

"So, if I pick up the phone, we can communicate with them?"

"Wait, Luffy! Less than fifty percent of emergency signals are real!" warned Robin. "The Marine uses this kind of trap all the time, so that's probably what this is! If you pick it up and they've got the line bugged, then they'll know we're in the area!"

"Good point, Robin!" pointed out Usopp. "Listen, Luffy, we ought to think this through carefully bef-"