╟ Chapter 131: Corrida Colosseum ╢

"So that's what he was talking about" you gritted your teeth. "That bastard found a way to get in his hands Ace's Devil Fruit"

"B-But....How did it get here?!" said Luffy.

"I heard there are no two Devil Fruits of the same power existing at once" stammered the blonde bandit. "However, when a Devil Fruit eater dies, a Devil Fruit with the power that the deceased possessed will pop up again somewhere in the world. And when somebody eats it, he'll become the new holder of that power. After Fire-Fists died, the Flare-Flare Fruit was, without anyone knowing, reproduced and the Young Master-sama got hold of it!"

"That bastard!"

"I can't believe the Young Master-sama made the Logia type a prize for the competition! If I can possess such incredible power, my life will change!"

"I'm not gonna let you eat it!" bellowed Luffy, causing the man to cower in fear. He then turned to you and Franky, sweat gathered on his forehead. "I want it! The Flare-Flare Fruit!"

"It isn't like we got a choice in the first place. Ace's Devil Fruit was very powerful, and I don't want to think if it fell into wrong hands" you stated.

"Why don't you eat it, (y/n)? Or Franky?"

"I don't wanna lose my ability to swim" you answered in unison with the cyborg.

"I ate the Gum-Gum Fruit so I can't eat another one. But I don't want some stranger to possess Ace's power"

"It's like a memento of him to you, isn't it?" wondered Franky, tilting his head. "It's possible that it's a trap considering the way Doflamingo dangled it in front of you. But one thing for sure! You shouldn't let the chance slip by! You don't wanna regret it afterward"

"Yeah. We have to go to the Colosseum anyway" you nodded. "Let's go!"

"Uh-huh!"

Finding the Colosseum was no hard task. You only needed to follow the loud screams and cheers from its audience kilometers away. Your captain let out a sound of pure awe, rushing to stand in front of it.

"It's a huge Colosseum! What kind of competition is it gonna be!?"

"The people are going nuts! That makes me wanna enter the competition!" grinned the cyborg.

"They're going crazy!" nodded Luffy.

"He's making it harder for us! Just give up already!"

"You infamous wanted toy soldier!"