╟ Chapter 169: Merienda ╢

It was as if a whole house fell on you.

Your limbs were stiff, your back and stomach aching in pain. Your eye opened groggily, only meeting dark at first. Then, it slowly adjusted to reveal that you were inside another bedroom. Purple walls. A cozy bed under you. A single and large window connected to a balcony. You tried to lift yourself in a sitting position, and groaned as your muscles blocked, objected to move or lift even one finger. You nearly yelped in slight fear when you realized that you weren't exactly alone in the room.

The back of your fiancé was facing you, form slouching forward as he held onto a familiar necklace. The same one your late sister gave you before you left Rogueport, opened to reveal the ghostly pictures of her and your nephew.

"Oi, give it back!" you snarled, ignoring the throbbing sensation in the back of your head.

"You mean this?" Katakuri hummed in interest, dangling the golden necklace by the chain in front of your face, and also out of your reach.

You managed to snatch the necklace by jumping, and stomped away from this man so you wouldn't have to endure him any longer. It hasn't been a day, and already you were sick of this family. Too creepy...too annoying...too obnoxious...A diary wouldn't be enough to fill all of your thoughts and opinions. It was silent between the two of you, the tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"...Are they your family?" Katakuri finally spoke up, earning himself a dark glare from your part.

"It's none of your damn business" you responded with venom.

"If we are to be married, it's going to be. Don't you think?"

"Back then, that's what you meant? When you said it won't end up in the same way as that bitch and Sanji?" you shot him a nasty expression, to which his eyes glowed red when you insulted his sister. "You psychopaths"

"Say the one who nearly tore the throat off of my younger sister" he retorted coldly, his hand shooting forward to grab your collar. "You almost got us both in trouble with Mama. If it wasn't of Konton and me intervening at the last moment, you wouldn't be alive"

"Konton? He was there, too?! What did that asshole do to me again?!"

"There was a flaw in his powers, but now we won't have to worry about it anymore" the giant released you, and you flopped back down on the bed. "He has taken full responsibility and is facing Mama right now. She's beyond mad that you tried to harm one of our siblings-"

"It wasn't me! When Pudding tried to replace my memories, something happened and it got out of control!" you cut him, and then shook your head. "Why am I even trying to justify myself to you? Just leave me the Realm of Hell alone!"

You headed to the other side of the room, staying away from Katakuri as far as possible once again. You gazed at the pictures inside the necklace, before pulling it inside your clothes. You didn't want to find out how he got his hands on this. You were tired and it hurt from everywhere. There was a sigh, and then the sound of the door opening and closing harshly. Left alone in this room, it didn't feel any different to be inside a prison. You moved from your spot and stood in front of the large window. It was raining profusely, the dark clouds mirroring your current mood. All this wedding thing was a farce.