Chapter 45 - Owen's Diary

A/N: You guys wanted it, so here it is. :) One chapter of Owen's diary. Sorry if it's kinda short.

Hopefully I can get some new Janto chapters up soon, I have lots of ideas, I'm just too lazy to write them. XD

(This chapter contains implicit spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen S2E12, Fragments)

~

Owen's POV

~

It's not fair. It's always Ianto who gets the girl...

Guy...

Alien...

Whatever...

I have fancied Jack ever since I joined Torchwood who-knows-how-many years ago, ever since he came to me next to her grave. Admittedly that wasn't Jack's fault, but he could have made that 'special' Doctor of his try and stop it. I didn't make the best first impression on him either though, punching him silly like that. 

Ianto is perfect for him. It's not bloody fair. 

I did get close to Jack once... I remember that night well. 

It was before Ianto had joined Torchwood 3. We'd just rounded up a record number of weevils. In celebration the team was at the pub, all of us semi-drunk and fuzzy around the edges. I fell into bed with Jack and it was the best sex I've ever had, and I've fucked a lot of people.

But afterwards he just brushed it off, told me that there was nothing between us and that I should just forget about it. I've never quite forgiven him for that.

After Ianto bloody Jones appeared at our doorstep I was shelved alongside all Jack's other part-time shags. Just another face on a wall of thousands. Maybe even millions, as no-one knows how old he really is.

I drop the pen. Did I really just write this? So much hatred boils inside me that I sicken myself.

I rip the freshly scrawled-on pages out and toss them into the small fire in the hearth of my flat. No-one will ever know my secret feelings for Captain Jack 'Boe' Harkness, or the madness that they have forced me to descend into.