Chapter 34 - March

Ianto's POV

~

I walk into our home and see Jack. He looks stunning. He's wearing a tuxedo with the top button on his shirt undone. And I notice there's a red rose between his irresistable lips. My heart beats faster as he sweeps towards me.

"May I have this dance?" he asks, tucking the rose into the pocket on my waistcoat. I hear the start of a song, I recognise. It's Oh! Darling by The Beatles. Not exactly my cup of tea, but a beautiful song nonetheless.

Jack wraps his arm around me. His right hand is in mine and his left is on my hip. My hand slides into his and my other finds the collar of his shirt and sits there. It's incredibly hard to resist the urge to brush his neck with my thumb.

"I can't dance." I whisper, blushing. Damnit, I blush so easily.

"Just follow my lead." he says, smiling at me. My heart melts.

We sway, not really moving. Then he starts to lead me into a simple waltz, which is when I trip over my own feet.

We end up sprawled on the carpet just as the line 'Oh! Darlin' repeats.

Jack kisses my lips slowly and softly, making my heart flutter like a trapped bird.

We stand and try again. I don't trip this time, and am simply enjoying his embrace.

If someone had told me a year ago that I would get married to him I would have laughed, but I have never felt love like this before.

The song finishes and he touches his nose to mine.

"That could be the first song at our wedding?" he asks me, pecking my lips.

"I had actually already had an idea." I reply "But it's a secret." I wink at him, my heart racing. "You look gorgeous in a tuxedo." I smile.

Jack winks and cups my cheek with his hand, bringing me closer to him for a kiss.

And how I lose myself in that kiss. I don't know how much time passes, but by the end we're both hot and breathless.