Chapter 20

Jack's POV

~

Unfortunately, Owen isn't dead.

His dismembered body is slumped against the storage cupboards marked 5 & 6; the ones he had been lying in when he first made out with Gwen. Why she would fall for a slimeball like him is anyone's guess, I just feel sorry for Rhys.

Owen's head sits on the concrete floor next to his body, and his eyes roll into his head as he tries in vain to look at me while I descend the stairs to talk to him. His semi-limp arm is draped across his lap, the fingers drumming impatiently against his leg. He looks a bit like a more developed version of the Thing from the Addams Family. Stuck with that mental image I start grinning, but the smile soon falls off my face - I can tell that I'm in for a verbal thrashing before he opens his mouth. 

"Jack fucking Harkness!" he screams. I curse quietly, wondering how long he will go on for this time. Owen's always been known for his abusive verbal outbursts.

"What a fucking pleasure!" he continues "To know that the all-knowing Captain is here to try and kill me after his boyfriend failed miserably." 

I feel my face dissolve into a snarl and barely resist the overwhelming urge to boot his head across the room.

"Your fucking fiancé cut my fucking head off!" I sense a Ianto-based rant coming on. I suppose Owen knows that my love for him is the only chink in the 'armour' surrounding my heart. "He doesn't love you, he still loves Lisa. He only said yes when you proposed to bum-lick; to make you happy. In a hope that he would be more than just a tea-boy here." I see the malicious glint in Owen's eyes and flinch "If John were here, you could all be gay together. Oh wait, no you couldn’t because Ianto doesn’t love you! He would probably object, what with him being straight and all. Not fucked up like you, so you love people of the same gender as you. Oh wait! You love boys AND girls, don’t you, you space-age fuck-brain.” He continues his angered rambling, but I zone out.

I close my eyes and sigh. Don't think of Ianto saying the things Owen is saying he would. Don't torture yourself like that, Jack, you've suffered enough already. Owen always was a pain up the arse. I lift up his head by the roots of his hair and drop it into a waiting cryogenic freezing tank.

“No...” Owen pleads with me “Don’t Jack... Not me...”

I pick up his light body and dump it in there with him. I also jam in his arm, putting it by his feet. I stretch up and grab a waiting bucket of water from above the steps. I start blindly pouring it in the tank with him, sloshing a large quantity onto the floor.

“You see, Owen,” I hiss “You can’t die. So I will just encase you in a block of ice and leave you frozen for eternity.”

When the tank is almost full, I close the lid and deadlock seal it. There is no way in hell that bitch is coming back to haunt us.

I start walking back up the steps with a heavy heart. I shake my head in an attempt to clear it. Everything Owen said was lies. Ianto does love me. He does. I know it. I twirl the engagement ring around my finger. He had also bought one for me, so we both wear one.

11 months till our wedding. I smile. Far too long to wait.

Author's note: Please note that I do not support Owen's views or any kind of homophobic bullying. Love and let love. <3 (And if I was homophobic, I would be scared of myself. Heh.)