Chapter 1

Ianto's Point Of View

~

I wake up in Jack's arms. I had fallen asleep there, wrapped in the security of his embrace. My diary is gone again from its usual place, so I suspect he started reading it whilst I was asleep. No matter, he knows about everything in there anyway. Oh... There is one thing... My stomach sinks.

I turn my head slightly and look at Jack's sleeping face. He looks younger, all the anger and worry gone from his usual expression. My heart starts to beat faster, reminding me of just how much I love him. Then I notice my diary on the floor; it obviously just got knocked off the bedside table.

My watch beeps quietly, informing me that I should get up and get dressed. Either that or go back to sleep. Or I would also have been perfectly happy with just lying there with Jack, his arms around my waist. He moans quietly in his sleep but stays perfectly still, subconsciously not wanting to disturb me.

Getting dressed wins as always, despite the fact that I never want to leave Jack's arms. I am wearing nothing but boxers at the moment, same as Jack. If anyone arrived early and found us, I would never live it down. I nearly died when Gwen accidentally walked in on us the before, and then we had been just kissing. She had been as shocked as I was, and things are still kind of awkward between us. Still, not as awkward as Gwen and Owen after the moron hooked up with Diane.

I slowly wiggle out of Jack's arms and pull the black duvet closer around him. I smile quickly before moving a stray lock of his dark hair & kissing his forehead. He does look adorable when he’s asleep, even more than usual.

I pick a suit out of the wardrobe. It’s new, so Jack has never seen me wear this one before. I hope he will like it. It cost me enough. I am definitely never going shopping with Tosh and Gwen ever again, we were meant to be buying clothes for Anwen. I walk into the bathroom and shut the door, not wanting to wake him when I have a shower.