Chapter 16

Jack's POV

~

It's 3am.

Ianto's hangover was cleared quickly with some of his infamous coffee and high spirits. Admit it Jack, he only bounced out of bed because you threatened to force him to drink Irn Bru. .Just as well, really. All the more Irn Bru for me. It’s a little-known fact that the stuff was first developed as a cure for hangovers. Oh, poor Ianto just becomes miserable when he has a hangover. Well, considering that he was completely off his feet this morning, we've certainly had a good night.

I take Ianto's face in my hands and kiss him hungrily, with passion and need that’s hardly ever communicated. He gives as good as he gets, and I can feel that we’re both getting even hotter. All I can think about is how much I want him. He continues to kiss me back a lot harder than I originally expected, moaning quietly whenever we take a breath. His hands are constantly moving, one second twined in my hair and the next on the small of my back or the side of my neck. My eyes are closed, as are his. He is lying on the bed, just enjoying our closeness. 

Hopefully the cameras in the workspace of the hub are turned off; otherwise they will have recorded a couple of hours' worth of seriously wild sex noises. However, much to my peace of mind, I don't need to worry about the camera in our room; only Tosh knows the password to bring it back online. Well, and possibly Owen, as he's second in command. 

After an eternity in his arms, I pull back from Ianto, finally opening my eyes. He smiles and it makes me smile too, and I get lost gazing into his azure blue eyes. He looks exhausted, despite his happy expression. It’s not really surprising, and I forgot how well he can mask how tired he is.

"Do you want to go to sleep?" I ask quietly, before taking his hand and intertwining my fingers with his. The small gesture, involuntary on my part, I must admit, dazes us both and we freeze. We’re frozen in time, just holding hands in comfortable silence. Eventually he blushes and nods, looking away from me in what is unmistakeable guilt, but I understand. Even my muscles are aching slightly after all that.

"Jack..." he whispers to me "I just wanted to say," his lips connect with mine for a sweet, breathtaking second before he continues "That I love you." 

No matter how many times I hear those words come out of his mouth, will always make something in my heart stir.  I outline his jaw with my index finger and stroke his rather messy sex-hair hair.

"I love you too." I wrap my arms around him, like I always do before we go to sleep. "Go to sleep, baby." I pull the duvet over us, cloaking us in a blanket of darkness. I press a well-worn button on my vortex manipulator and the lights go off. 

I stare into space for a second, then gently kiss Ianto behind the ear and sigh, letting sleep finally take me.