Chapter 3

Jack's POV
~

At exactly 11am, Ianto walks into my office carrying a steaming mug of coffee. It’s my special mug, the white one with the blue stripes. I call it my ‘innuendo mug’, as I seem to come up with the wittiest points whilst drinking from it.

I smile my special smile, the one that instantly appears whenever he walks into the room. My heart starts to beat faster and I become slightly light-headed. I’m not exactly how this coffee-boy has burrowed his way into my heart, but he’s here to stay, I know that much. I suppose I’ve always know. I was drawn to him from the moment I first laid eyes on him. I fall in love with him a little more each day, another piece of my heart being claimed by the adorable Welshman.

"Thank you," I say, motioning to a vacant coaster on the glass table. He elegantly sets it down in one fluid motion without spilling a drop, well-practised from the years of work here at Torchwood Three, Coffee House of Legend. I think Martha shared the news of Ianto’s coffee with UNIT, as now anyone will make an excuse to visit just so that they can get a coffee. Typical.

Ianto places the mug down gently and turns to go. His expression is as steely as always, but I can read him like an open book. Which his diary certainly is... But he can never know that I’ve read it, of course. That really would make him go mad. Then again maybe not, as he has written that he expects me to read it at some point, so keeps his most private thoughts inside his head.

I reach out and catch his hand, our fingertips brushing for the slightest moment.
"Ianto, I love you." I whisper, quiet enough that none of the others will overhear but just loud enough to make out every word I say.
"I love you too, Jack." he whispers back, his warm breath tickling my ear. His gentle yet passionate kiss lingers on my lips for a few seconds and then he is gone. But when he vanishes around the corner, I can see a slight blush decorating his ears.

I sigh, glaring down at the papers sprawled over my desk. I have been studying them for hours, and yet I am still no closer to discovering what these alien blueprints are for. Some kind of machine, but no way of knowing what it does, if it exists and if so, whether it got sucked into a rift storm at the same time...
It doesn't help that they look like they're written in Klingon.