Chapter 31 - January

Ianto's POV

~

I snap out of thought os Baby John and his abandonment to Cardiff Orphanage. I wanted to keep him, but Jack said no. Plus the team & John Hart wouldn't even go near the tiny toddler. I guess that says something about our team.

"Jack, am I wearing white?" I ask, rolling onto my stomach to look at the table plans in his lap. I'm lying on the bed and he's sitting next to me, propped up on a small mountain of black pillows.

"If you want to. You will look beautiful no matter what you wear." He replies, his voice soft as silk.

Blush springs to my cheeks. He smiles, having got the desired result. I think of something to reply.

"Anything to see you in a tux." I laugh, before kissing him on the nose "With a long tie though, of course."

Not many people are coming to the wedding. Just the Torchwood team plus Rhys, Jack's daughter and a few of our friends plus my parents. Oh, and Jack sent an invite to John on his vortex manipulator. Even though he tried to kill us all, John is one of the closest friends Jack's ever had.

I smile at Jack, lying on my back again.

"Stop smiling like that," he tries to look serious "Or I will make you stop."

"Go ahead." I smirk, my heart hammering, wondering what he's going to do.

He bends down and his lips connect with mine. We both shiver and smile before breaking away.

"Ianto Jones-" he starts to speak, but I put a finger on his lips.

"That's Ianto Harkness to you." I beam.

"Ianto Soon-To-Be-Harkness," He continues "I love you."

"I love you too" I say, gazing into his eyes.

I laugh. Wedding-planning is taking over our lives; Gwen and Tosh are practically running Torchwood right now.

Jack and I are only going out of high-priority calls - no weevil roundups or straying spaceships.

We've been engaged for almost two months. It feels like just yesterday. Time flies, I suppose.