Chapter 25

Ianto's POV

~

"Shh," I whisper to the small mutt in the dog crate.

It's Christmas morning and Jack's present is held tightly in my arms.

She's restless, as she was asleep when I picked her up from my sister's, Rihannon's, house half an hour ago.

She is small, only 4 months old, but her big paws show that she will grow up to be a big girl. She has fluffy, white fur, mostly. Her ears are a pretty chocolate, along with her front left paw. Her muzzle is dipped in a light fawn, as is her right front paw and she has a little fawn jellybean under her left eye. Her emerald-green eyes are rimmed with brick red fur and she has a matching stripe from the back of her neck to the tip of her tail. Her ears are pointy and upright, and the shelter said she is a German shepherd mix. She already has a name; Scarlett.

She yips again quietly, wanting to be released.

I creep up the stairs into the Hub, her crate balances on my outstretched arms.

I squeeze the crate down the hatch into my room. I put it next to the tree and attach a stick-on now to the top.

I walk to the bed and bend over before kissing Jack's cheek.

He moans quietly and opens his eyes.

"Merry Christmas, baby." I say, kissing his lips "There's something you need to open now."

Jack stands quickly and strides over to the dog crate, opening it in one fluid motion. A small ball of white-and-brown for flies out and starts licking his face.

Jack's expression is one of pure joy.

Present well-chosen.