Chapter 42 - June

Jack's POV

~

I'm still tip-toeing around Ianto. 

I'm trying to do small things to make up for the fact that he thought I was with someone else.

If he knew what I'd been through to find him again, he wouldn't doubt my love for him. Oh shit, I still haven't told him, have I. 

I snap back to reality as Ianto rolls over in bed and looks at me. It's morning, but the team has the day off. We need a holiday, even me. So much work, so little time for relaxation.

I lean forward and kiss Ianto's forehead.

"Morning, sleepy." I smile as he yawns.

"How long have you been awake for?" he asks, pecking me on the nose in return. His blue eyes sparkle and a smile pulls at the corners of his lips.

"A while," I say, "Why do you ask?"

His smile switches into a smirk that I know so well "Because it's rude to ask someone who'se only just woken up to make coffee." he laughs, music to my ears.

"Anything for you, Ianto." I reply, before a devious thought pos into my head. I pull on my grey trousers from last night and button them up. I wrap the duvet around my shoulders before strutting off.

"You won't mind if I take this?" I ask over my shoulder as Ianto starts to grumble.

"Come back here, Harkness!" he says, springing out of bed in just his pants to pursue me.

By this point I'm up the ladder and standing with my back towards the door of my office.

"You want it? Come and get it." my slight growl and wink pulls Ianto towards me faster than usual.

His kiss on my lips makes me see stars. My hands run into his hair and frame his face. Ianto sighs happily, moving into the kiss more. I mirror his movements, my heart hammering.

Ianto steps forward and I step back slightly. That's when it goes pear-shaped.

I stand on the edge of the duvet and slip over backwards. Ianto was leaning on me, so he collapses too and we knock the office door open.

So there we are, nest to the team's desks, a duvet under me, me wearing nothing but pants and trousers, Ianto on top of me, wearing nothing but boxers, both of us panting from the kiss.

And Gwen and Martha standing, shell-shocked by Gwen's desk. They were meant to be at home.

"Shit," Ianto whispers in my ear. I decide to gross them out to make them insecure about the situation.

"You ladies want to join in?" I call out to them. Ianto rolls off my and I move so her can wrap himself in the duvet. 

Martha just blubs like a fish for a few seconds before vanishing into the medical bay. Gwen does the same, scarlet with embarassment.

"Oh Ianto." I whisper to him "They just had to be here to spoil it." 

Ianto silently kisses my cheek and smiles before vanishing into my office to get dressed.

It's a shame Gwen and Martha were here, I would have had him on the floor. Not that I haven't before. Aah, Ianto. 

Gwen moves into my field of vision, startling me. She starts to talk before I can react.

"Don't say a word. That look on your face, I know what you were thinking. Martha and I are going to be here all day, so no more antics. We want to work, not here you two." 

I don't realise how red I've gone until she walks away and I am conscious of my cheeks burning. That's me put in my place, I suppose. Thank-you, Gwen Cooper.