Chapter 43 - July

Ianto's POV

~

My God, Scarlett's grown up fast. Jack's playing with her, they're playing tug-of-war with a strange rubber rope. Just watching the expression of joy and effort on Jack's face brings a smile to mine.

Scarlett's playfully growling and yipping at him in her usual way.

Why has she let go? Oh no. Her fur only spikes like that when she senses something bad. She's running towards... Shit.

Owen stumbles into the main ares of the Hub.

"I'm back, bitches." he laughs "Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me."

I groan. He hasn't lost any of his nonexistant sense of humor.

"Captain, I'm reporting for duty. Martha fixed me." Owen says, a narcissistic smirk offering the only story of  how he persuaded Martha.

I feel sick to my stomach. Scarlett is voicing my emotions, growling and barking at me, ears pinned flat against her skull and teeth bared.

Owen swings a kick at her and narrowly misses her snout. My beautiful dog, and he tried to kick her.

I hear the gunshot before I see it and then watch Jack's pistol return to the holster. Owen being 'fixed' didn't last long, he now has another hole in his chest. He may not feel pain any more, but he still thinks he can, so starts screaming. 

I turn away to stop myself from laughing. Everyone gets what they deserve in the end.

Jack slaps a pair of handcuffs on Owen's tiny wrists.

"You're going into the vaults." He snarls.

"You can't put me in a bloody cell!" Owen snarls.

A small smile curls my lips. "I suggest Level Nine, sir." I address Jack. That's where the worst prisoners go, out highest-security level of cells. Owen will never make it out of there.