Chapter 17

Ianto's POV

~

I rub the skin on my neck gently, trying in vain to get the rather large and purplish love-bite to disappear. It sits just above the collar of my pale green shirt, in plain sight, sticking out like a sore thumb auditioning to be a hand model. 

But I'm not ashamed of it, nor how I got it. My relationship with Jack gives me no shame. It's just that the bite is... Annoying. 

If Owen or Gwen make any comments, I'm going to kill them. They're exhausing because their insult 'styles' are so very different; Owen just blurts out his opinion in as harsh a way as possible, whereas Gwen just gives you that look with the sad eyes. She says she isn't judging me, but that look shows that deep in her soul, she is. Even if I broke up with Jack now, which would never happen, things could never go back to normal between me & Gwen. Which is a shame; I thought we were friends. Obviously she is as fickle about friendships as she is with everything else.

I turn my attention back to the bite. I glare at it in the bathroom mirror, willing it to move below the collar of my shirt. Needless to say, nothing happens. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jack behind me, admiring his handiwork. I couldn't bring myself to return a bite last night, couldn't bear to put a mark on his perfect body. Not that it matters - it would have healed instantly anyway.

In less than a heartbeat, I turn and kiss Jack on his soft lips, smiling into the kiss as he loops his arms around my waist like always. Then something else I see out of the corner of my eye catches my attention. I turn my head, standing on my toes slightly to look over his left shoulder. My mouth hangs open in disbelief.

Jack's eyes follow my troubled gaze to a spot next to the ladder and his expression becomes the same as mine. 

The recording light on the CCTV camera is on. And someone has angled the camera towards our bed. Which means that someone has been watching us for who-know how long. 

I look at Jack with poison boiling in my veins. I don't need to guess who did this, as the answer is obvious.

We both say the namr simultaneously, our voices in sync, filled with equal parts anger and hatred. 

"Owen."