Chapter 10

Nicki's POV:

I woke up in Lauren's arms. She was sleep still. I moved over alittle and got up slowly. I went into her bathroom. When I looked in the mirror I just stared at myself. I looked a mess. Makeup ruined, tear lines, puffy eyes. Alittle red and pale looking. I look like I died last night. Got a towel from her closet and ran hot water. I put alittle facial soap on it and ran it through the water. I washed my face all the way to my neck and around then back again. Lauren walked in the bathroom and stood at the door.

"Morning" she said.

"Morning" I said back. She came behind me and hugged my waist as I put the towel down.

"You okay?" She asked.

"No" I said. "I feel like crap".

"Come on" she said leading me downstairs. We went into the kitchen. "Guess what I have" she said going into he cabinet.

"What?" I asked.

"Pancakes" she said.

"I'm not in the mood" I said. "I'm not hungry".

"Oh hell no. I know you are not about to not eat over a nigga. Imma make you eat Onika!" She yelled. I giggled alittle. She was cute mad.

"Ugh, whatever. I might" I said. She just gave me a look and turned quickly. I got up and went behind her. "I know you laughing over here" I said as she burst out in giggles.

"So, you said it" she said. I laughed then frowned sitting back down. As she cooked I thought about last night. Why did he do that? Why did she do that?

"Nickiiii?" I heard Lauren call me. I snapped out of my thoughts and she handed me chocolate chip pancakes.

"You still remember?" I asked.

"How could I forget? Every time we go to ihop you order them. Or even when we were in college and we went to Waffle House late at night or mornings and you'd get the chocolate chip." She said. I smiled. Lauren is such the best friend. I swear I should be married to her because she has always been there for me more than Drake at times.

"So tell me about last night" she said. "What all happened?"

"After I went home Drake wasn't there I used my time for a nice hot bath, you know to clear my head"

"Ofcoarse, that's what we do" She said.

"Yeah and I was in there for about an hour and when I got out he still wasn't home so I just went to sleep"

"Mhm, when does the cheating part come in?" She asked.

"I woke up in the middle of the night cuz I just couldn't sleep well. I went and got a drink and on my way back upstairs I thought I was hearing things then I heard more noises. Thinking I'm just sleepy but I went into the last guest bedroom we have and him and Cassie were right there in the bed having sex." I said. Lauren's eyes were wide.

"The fuck!? How is he gonna do that in your house!?" She asked "while you sleep and in the house?! Cassie's dumb ass too!" She yelled.

"Girl I don't know what was going on with me but I went off." I said taking a bite of my pancake.

"Nicki..."

"Yes I know" I said. "I told him we are getting a divorce" I said.

"Yay, about time." She said.

"Whatever."

"Does this mean you will give Sb a try?" She asked.

"I'm going to need time butttt....yeah" I said. She smiled and clapped. I laughed alittle. Just then the door bell rang.

"I'll get it" Lauren said getting up and leaving. When she came back she said Drake was at the door.

"I don't want to see him" I said.

"Nicki we need to talk!" He said busting in the house.

"Oh hell no! Get yo ass out of here!" Lauren yelled. I stood up getting away from him. He yanked me up alittle trying to hold me down.

"Drake get off me! I don't want to have any contact with you!" I yelled.

"Get off her!" Lauren yelled jumping on him. He pushed her off and she hit the wall alittle.

"Oh my god!" I yelled. Drake looked at Lauren then let me go. I went by her side checking to see if she was okay.

"I just want you Nicki" he said. He looked like he was about to cry. I stood up with Lauren confused a little bit.

"Oh you only want me!? Yet you weren't thinking that when you brought Cassie into my house and slept with her!" I yelled.

"Wait" Lauren said, "why would your dumbass do that?" I folded my arms wondering the same.

"I thought she was gonna be gone the whole night. But then I seen her in our bed sleep and so Cassie.... Look it don't matter" he said changing the subject.

"Y'all idiots" Lauren said. I walked up to Drake. I held his face and he held my hand.

"Do you love me Drake?" I asked looking him in the eye.

"Yes" he said. I could tell he didn't hesitate but wanted to. I smiled then he smiled then I let mines fade and slapped him.

"Quit lying to me!" I yelled. "Honestly! What the hell is wrong with you!? Why do you even keep trying Drake?!" I said. At that point I was crying. The feeling you get when you're being lied to by the person you're in love with hurts.

"Drake go away. Leave! Now!" Yelled Lauren. He just stood there.

"I will be back" he said then stomped out leaving.

"You okay?" Me and Lauren asked simultaneously. We laughed alittle.

"You know what...lets get your stuff" she said.

"What? Why?" I asked following her upstairs.

"We are going to a friends house" she said getting her a bag ready.

"Who? Wayne's? And why?"

"No and because if Drake will come back we won't be here" she said.

"Okay if we won't be at Wayne's then where will we be?" I asked.

She just looked at me zipping her bag.

"Oh my..no! We can't!" I said going downstairs with her.

"We can and we will. Now come on" she said leaving. "Race you there" she said. I hurried and raced her. When we got there I got really nervous. She rang the doorbell. It took a while but he answered.

Safaree's POV:

Nicki and Lauren were at my door with bags. I just let them in. I let them settle in and everything then poured us some drinks.

"Your house is really nice" said Lauren.

"Told you" said Nicki. I laughed.

"Thanks, so he is like after you?" He asked.

"Pretty much"

"But he doesn't know where you live so we good. Unlike Wayne and Cassie" said Lauren.

"It's fine with me. And I don't blame him for going after you" I said then went back to my livingroom. They followed. "Y'all wanna watch movies for the rest of the night?" I asked.

"Yeah" they said. I put out movies and let them choose. Late at night we went to sleep.

-they living with sb? Wonder what will happen