Of Bike Rides and Dates

The scenery passed by in a blur and the car was settled in comfortable silence with the radio turned down low. Baekhyun didn't know where to keep his eyes at so he settled with turning his head in the direction of his window. Chanyeol's fingers on the wheel fidgeted and tapped as the anxious giant kept flanking and looking over at the quiet male beside him.

As if sensing himself being watched, Baekhyun turned his head to fidgeting driver. "Keep your eyes on the road, idiot," he mumbled as his eyes moved to Chanyeol's hands. "What are you nervous for?"

Chanyeol snorted. "I'm not nervous. Just excited."

"Mhm," Baekhyun hummed as he leaned back. "Like you've never been on a date before."

"Not since god knows when," Chanyeol retorted. "I just wish I was a little more creative with coming up with something. I haven't been on my game."

"I'm not expecting you to take me to the moon or anything."

"I know," Chanyeol said, slumping his shoulders. "But what are you expecting?"

"I don't know. A lunch date."

"Do you really think I'm that boring?" Chanyeol said, giving Baekhyun a quick look. "No. We're not going on a boring lunch date."

"Lunch dates aren't boring."

"Lunch dates are for people who don't have time to date," Chanyeol argued. "You and I, we're not that type of couple. See, I don't know about you, but I'd be willing to put everything at work on hold just to go do stuff with you."

"Please don't," Baekhyun said with a small laugh, rubbing his forehead with a hand. "Don't put things on hold just to go out and do things with me. Really. I don't want you parents hating me for the sudden collapse of their company just because their son decided he wanted to hang out with his lover instead. They already don't like me."

Chanyeol raised a brow. He opened to mouth to ask why Baekhyun had remarked about his parents disliking him, but then remembered. Slanting his lips, Chanyeol sighed quietly. "I'll hang out with you whenever I want. It's fine. I'm not going to run the company bankrupt. If I did, I wouldn't have an income. Then where would I get the money to pay for our secret getaways?"

"But we don't have secret getaways."

"Not yet we don't," Chanyeol corrected. "But one day, I'm just gonna randomly drop by and take you away for a while. Where? Who knows. Probably somewhere isolated where no one can hear us—well, you. Where no one can hear you."

"If you weren't driving right now," Baekhyun sighed, rolling his eyes, "I would take my hands and—"

"—Lean over and give me road head?"

Thinning his lips, Baekhyun settled with backhanding Chanyeol on the arm. "Idiot, you'd crash the car and kill us both."

Chanyeol glanced over with a nonchalant grimace before something hit him. "Technically, you didn't say no."

Looking back out the window, Baekhyun shrugged. "Technically."

"So technically, you could unzip my pants and do it."

"How about we get through the day without any oral sex that may or may not end up with your car mangled against a tree," Baekhyun said, compromising, "and then, when we get home, you can sit on the bed and pretend like you're driving."

"Will you sit on the bed with me and play along?" Chanyeol asked in the midst of laughing.

"Depends on how this date goes."

-

-

If Sehun, who often took Luhan out to expensive and classy places that one would take a queen to, wait to see what Chanyeol had in store for his first date since forever, he would have face palmed himself at Chanyeol's childish efforts. In Sehun's world, a quirky date along the Han river was something he'd would never do if he was in Chanyeol's sad, sad shoes. To him, things like that were simple—too simple. But, the difference between Chanyeol and Sehun went more than just their ideas for an ideal date. The difference lied in the fact that Chanyeol knew how Baekhyun was all about simple.