Drunk and Sober Men

Frozen in place, Chanyeol needed a push from Taeyeon to snap out of his state. He felt his heart beating inside of him, racing at the wild thoughts crossing his mind. Why was Baekhyun in the rain? Why the fuck was he crying!? The questions ate Chanyeol up. The sight of Baekhyun looking so defeated and done made his insides bleed. He whipped his head to Taeyeon who grimaced at the clear door Baekhyun had left through.

"Channie, you should go..." She gave him a shove again.

Chanyeol nodded. He took the first step with hesitation, but after that, he sprinted out the doors. Immediately, he felt the trickling of rain on him. His uniform began to show signs of the droplets, but Chanyeol didn't care about his dry state. To hell with that. His eyes scanned the grounds and found the only speeding body with a bright yellow umbrella on his radar.

He ran towards his broken Baekhyun with water running down his face. His breathing roughened as he ran towards his escaping vixen. Baekhyun heard the footsteps behind him and gripped the life out of the inanimate umbrella.

"Baek!" Baekhyun heard Chanyeol's deep voice call. "Baekhyun!"

Stop saying my name, Chanyeol...Baekhyun angrily—but painfully— thought. Why the fuck are you here... He furiously swiped away the newfound tears that were born from the giant saying his given name. His feet began to walk faster, but his pace was nothing compared to Chanyeol's run.

Soon enough, Baekhyun felt a hand grab him by the shoulders and whip him around. The sudden turn around caused him to drop Kyungsoo's umbrella, leaving him with no cover from the rain. He refused to look at his captor. He didn't want to be touched by him either.

Baekhyun tried to shake Chanyeol's hand away, but when he couldn't, he used his hands, digging his nails in to force Chanyeol to set him free. Chanyeol let go, hissing before giving Baekhyun an angered look. He let it go, though. There were bigger questions in mind.

"Why the fuck are you crying!?" Chanyeol asked. He had asked loudly and angrily, but his voice cracked midway. It hurt to see Baekhyun's beautiful eyes shattered by tears.

Baekhyun looked at him incredulously before putting that painful look on his face. His brows creased. Chanyeol didn't like how Baekhyun looked with tears dripping down his eyes. Was he the cause of this?

"It doesn't concern you—" Baekhyun took a hitch of breath in "—Not anymore, it doesn't."

Chanyeol frowned. He wanted to strangle Baekhyun for that answer. How did it not concern him!? How did it not concern him that the love of his lonely-as-fuck life was crying!? He grabbed Baekhyun by both of his shoulders. He held a tight grip, not allowing Baekhyun to escape. "How the fuck does it not—"

"Who the fuck cares anymore!" Baekhyun cried. He tried to push Chanyeol away again. "Cause you of all people shouldn't!"

"If I didn't care, then I wouldn't have come out in the fucking rain to run after you!" No matter how hard he struggled, Chanyeol kept Baekhyun in place. What he felt under his hands brought back another thought. "You're soaking wet. You've been in the rain, Baek!"

"No fucking shit!" Baekhyun spitefully replied. He threw a fit and wiped the salty drops off his face with his forearm. His uniform jacket's sleeve only mixed it in with the water.

"Why—"

"Why? Why!?" Baekhyun gave a sarcastic laugh, looking away for a few seconds before staring daggers into Chanyeol's eyes. "I was waiting in the fucking rain for yo—" He stopped. Then, as a realization came to him, Baekhyun's eyes widened. "You didn't even fucking read it, did you?"