Links

—Three years prior; 1 day after Baekhyun's departure—

Chanyeol looked like shit the next day he made an appearance at school. He didn't feel like getting out of bed so Yoona had to push him and nag him to get up. She finally managed to get him to leave his bed thirty minutes after school officially started for the day, rendering him late already. Then he didn't feel like getting dressed so his maids had to put his clothes on for him—except his underwear, which he did all by himself. Chanyeol didn't feel like moving a limb so he refused to drive himself to school, forcing his parents to call out the family driver.

When Chanyeol entered the classroom, he could feel the stares. He could sense the eyes glued on him like he was some animal at the zoo with no purpose in life other than to be looked at. He threw the note he got from the office over to the teacher and trudged his way over in the back where he sat. He kept his eyes low. He didn't want anybody to see them for multiple reasons. One: his eyes were still puffed from that morning. Two: his eyes looked tired from not being able to sleep last night. Three: eyes were the gateways to the soul, and in his state right then and there, Chanyeol didn't have a soul. He was a walking shell of a human.

As the attention on him began to slowly fade and return back to the teacher in the front, Chanyeol finally raised his eyes. Kai was present in his seat. Kris was still gone. The guy had lasted only a week after Tao transferred out of his life. After that, like the straight forward bastard that he was, Kris booked a ticket and left also. As for Sehun, Chanyeol didn't know yet since they weren't in the same class, but he was sure that he was at school, too, because his attendance had been consistent for a while.

But even thinking about his closest friends was a hard task when everything in his head was Byun Baekhyun and his stupid fucking "I love you" and "good-bye". Chanyeol didn't do much in school. He just set his head down on his desk and covered his face with his arms.

-

-

—Three years prior; 5 days after Baekhyun's departure—

Happy Virus. That was what Chanyeol was dubbed ever since he realized how easily he could interact with people. He'd always be smiling, smirking, and flirting with everyone without a god damn care in the world. Even more, he would never shut his mouth unless he was giving someone the silent treatment or sticking his tongue down someone's throat.

To everyone, when Chanyeol didn't speak at all during school since that day, it was like a super natural phenomenon. To Kai and Sehun, though, they knew what was going on so they didn't have any false beliefs as to what was silencing the giant.

A week had dragged on by and Chanyeol still couldn't get himself to do anything about Baekhyun. Since the first day, Chanyeol went from unbearably sad to angry and hurt. Why did the bastard have to leave? How did he have the fucking audacity to say those three precious words to him at the tipping point of their relationship? What kind of bastard did that?

It was fair to say that while Chanyeol was going through his phases, he neglected his work. His grades were beginning to slip with all the failed quizzes and tests, along with the missing assignments and failure to participate in class. His parents were called, but whenever the matter was brought up at the dinner table, Chanyeol tuned out.

Tuning out of things wasn't even a simple, single action anymore. It wasn't a habit. It just was. Chanyeol stopped listening to lessons. At lunch, he wouldn't know what the conversation was about because he wouldn't keep up. Even music couldn't cure him. He simple went deaf to everything. If anything, the sound of his own heart breaking deafened him to the world.

-

-

—Three years prior; 11 days after Baekhyun's departure--