Bands

After a few days, things with Baekhyun seemed to have smoothed over, though Chanyeol always felt like there was some sort of small wedge in between them since the cancellation of their date.

Their fight the Monday back really put something in Chanyeol's head. It was clear that whatever he had to do to make Saturday up to Baekhyun, it shouldn't be anything physical. Hell, they were physically almost every week, whether it's a kiss or a quick sexual assault in the restroom. The least he could do was attempt something in return that didn't really involve any heat exchange.

The next weekend, Chanyeol accompanied his mom and Yoona on yet another run to organize Yoona's social party. He drove the car, which he didn't mind, other than the fact that the girl he poured his entire soul to, but decided to do away with it, was sitting right next to him with his mother in the backseat attempting to get them to converse.

There was little exchange of words between him and Yoona other than the awkward morning greeting that they shared every morning since she moved in. He really held no grudge against her. If there was any, it was gone the night she returned and decided to cling onto him by that cab.

Chanyeol frowned, remembering that night. He should've pushed her away and coldly put her in the cab to send her on her merry way, but he didn't. He synthesized with everything she said from what could've been and to all the possibilities that were there for them now that she was back—

But then Baekhyun flashed in his mind. Chanyeol loved him. He loved that stubborn ass. He loved the way he subconsciously swayed his hips when he walked. He loved the way he helped other kids with school work, or stayed behind to help with the cleaning duty. Chanyeol couldn't see himself leaving Baekhyun for someone from the past...

When Chanyeol parked the car outside the event planner's building, he was asked by his mother if he wanted to go in as well, but Chanyeol just waved a hand, dismissed the notion, and told her that he would just walk around the block and perhaps find something else that'd cater to his interests more. His mother accepted his decision after a few minutes of trying to sway it.

Once they were gone, Chanyeol got out of the car and locked it. He got on the sidewalk and blended in with the crowd of people, who all looked like they knew where they were going, unlike him. Walking around, Chanyeol glanced at the window displays of shops, thinking about what Baekhyun would've liked.

Chanyeol passed by toy stores, clothing stores, and all of that sort, but the thing that caught his eye was the shining window display with the glistening necklaces and engagement bands inside a jewelry store. He stood outside, unsure on what to do. He didn't want to go in there and have everyone inside assume that he was going to buy something.

Baekhyun—to Chanyeol—didn't seem like a flashy person. Baekhyun preferred simple shirts and pants—if not shorts. Chanyeol's thoughts shot out, debating whether he should go in there and even contemplate buying jewelry for Baekhyun. Would Baekhyun like jewelry?

Chanyeol scoffed. If it's something bought to bribe him, then no, that stubborn ass won't like it. He'll hate me, he reasoned. But, if I bought him something and put some thought into it...he'll like it.

Making up his mind, Chanyeol entered the store, fixing his hair as he went in. Not soon after looking around the displays, he was approached by a young, female store worker.

"Hi!" she brightly greeted. "How are you today?"

Chanyeol grinned at her and went back to looking. "I'm doing fine, thanks."

The worker smiled back at the handsome guy in front of her. "Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Chanyeol cocked his head to the right. "Actually...I'm looking for a pair of rings."