From Beijing to Seoul

—Three years later—

The time was nearing and soon people were going to start coming in one by one—slowly at first, but then in a large, packed line. The supplies were checked. The complimentary items were put on each seat. The carts were restocked thirty minutes ago, but was doubled checked anyways. The temperature of the aircraft was set to seventy-four degrees in Fahrenheit and the ovens keeping the food at a warm temperature was checked twice.

Baekhyun pulled out a compact mirror and put a few stray hairs that refused to go down back in their place. He then checked his eyes and dabbed the corners with a small, soft napkin. With a hand, he uncapped a chapstick and attended his lips until he was fully satisfied with how they felt.

Once he was done with himself, he walked over to the rest of his co-workers, who were standing near the main entrance. They all knew where they were supposed to be stationed at, but it was part of Baekhyun's job as the head flight attendant to go over everything.

He took the magnetic clipboard off its place and began to run things over. "Luna, you'll be with Krystal in section two, the middle of the plane. Then, in the back will be Victoria and Dara. Jessica, Seohyun, and I will man the front and section one." There was more information to be said, but Baekhyun decided to put the clipboard back since he no longer needed it. "As for the First Class section, I—and everyone else serving section one— will tend them. While we do so, you guys have to make sure the people from our section are fine."

Jessica grinned. "Same procedure on every flight."

Baekhyun smiled back at her. "Yes, but it makes me feel more comfortable getting everything out there before starting anything," he said, laughing a bit.

"You're conventional," Dara said in a calm tone, poking fun at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes, grinning at his co-worker's comment. At that moment, they heard from the airplane's intercom the announcement that the First Class boarders were on their way. Baekhyun clapped his hands together. "Alright. Let's get this show on the road. Did everyone have their coffee? It's going to be a long night flight from Beijing all the way back to Seoul, you know."

Everyone nodded, assuring Baekhyun. He took his place near Jessica, hands nicely put together in front of him, plastering a smile onto his face. The first passenger to board the flight was an elderly woman, holding what looked like a designer carry on in one hand. A few more people passed by before a woman with a small child, who seemed about five years old, walked in. Baekhyun immediately remembered something that he forgot to do. He forgot to check to see if any children were in First Class.

Mentally groaning, Baekhyun leaned in towards Jessica. "Hey, I forgot to put a children's fun packet for the kid in First Class. There's extras right?"

Keeping the smile on her face, Jessica nodded. "Of course—Hello—In the back."

Baekhyun nodded at her, but kept up with his happy face. "Thanks."

"No problem."

Baekhyun curtly turned around and walked down the aisle, leaving Jessica and Seohyun to greet the rest of the incoming First Class boarders. Dara saw him as he made his way past the section two attendants area and mouthed a question. "What?"

When Baekhyun was close enough, he told her what he needed. "There's a kid in First Class. I forgot that there was one. I need an extra one of those thing packets for the kids—"

Dara was way ahead of him. She went behind a wall meant for attendants only and pulled out a box, opening it. Inside, there were plenty of packets. She took one and handed it to him.