AFTER NOTE

I never wrote an after note for this story in 2013 or when I reuploaded it on LJ in 2013-2014, but I guess after 4 years, it's time to write one.

Thank you all for reading this age-old story (though I'm sure part of you guys already read this before). Also, thank you for loving / liking it even though it's literally so wrong in a lot of ways .__. But ah... I was a 17 year old nugu.

I don't know if I actually told the story of how I decided to write this story before, but I was writing an OC story at the time and, honestly? I was bored. I was like no one's reading :( I'm boring :( Boo hooooo....

My sister suggested I read some Chan/Baek fics and I'm like, uhh, okay. Originally, I liked Kaisoo, but the thing with the story that I was reading at the time (I believe it was My Neighbor's Son), Baekyeol was the side pairing, and though there wasn't much of them, just the way they were written and how funny and cute and adorable they were AS THE SIDE COUPLE.... I was like, you know what?... I'll try them.

So I read more and more stories. I originally read things from Park_Noodle and early 2012-2013 writers (I forget their names; a lot of them are  gone now). But then I stumbled on who (I respect her with all my heart) literally showed me the light.

I gush about her all the time. She'd no longer active on twitter, tumblr, or aff, but I dont know. I like to think of her fondly just because she showed me kindness in the beginning and was not only a friend but a mentor.

Her AFF username is Aimbord.

The way she wrote Chanbaek was both cute and intriguing. It was hot and it was funny. She had a funny sense of humor, but she also knew how to make things dark and sexy, and I vividly remember the days when I was reading her story "And Your Name Was?".... I read it on my crappy ipod touch and I had to put it down several times because I was just so into it.

Up until that moment, the Baekyeol fics were cute, but none of them ignited me as much as her stories. I loved her characterization of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. She was my everything; she made me want to write and she was a damn writer who updated with medium-long chapters, very little grammar.

And I aimed to be like her.

The Letter was my first smut story. It was also my first (and stupid) attempt to include serious topics. I know I did not write it well (dubcon/noncon/drug use/violence/etc). It all came out wrong (to me) now that I read back at it, but at the same time, I'm glad this is my first story sometimes because without this to look back to, I can't be the person and the writer I am right now.

I also remember trying to figure out what The Letter would be about. I was a high school sophomore in English class, ignoring my teacher because I was sitting in the back, writing ideas and rewriting sentences. I wondered how to start the story. I was nervous, but excited. I was also kind of frustrated because I didn't know what to do.

Originally, Baekhyun was supposed to be using the school shower after school and he should've been singing. Chanyeol, walking by, was supposed to hear him and walk away, but then go back out of curiosity only to find that whoever it was already left.

(Keep in mind, as a Sophomore I still had to do my required 2 years of PE --or gym-- so like, that's why locker rooms were a thing LOL)

And honestly, I didn't plan one bit of this story. Maybe I planned the break up, but like... Everything else was based on whatever I felt like that day after coming home from school hahah

Because I updated every day (on aff), people always expected 2k+ so that's why I literally didn't plan anything. So if anything seems loose and whatever, it's because of that. Nowadays, I plan a bit better and I tie up all of my loose ends, but this one LITERALLY CAME OUT OF MY ASS (no joke)

But anyways! This after note is getting too long. Thank you all again for the love ;;; I appreciate it tons.

I will also upload all of The Letter's drabbles and short stories. Maybe The Invitation as well, but as separate stories.

Anticipate those :)

For now, this is the end, so I hope you like my other trash haha

- Fara

http://www.twitter.com/exolefirstclass

http://www.twitter.com/exobubz_

http://www.exo-ho.tumblr.com

Don't forget to VOTE :-)