Tears and Rain

It wasn't even a second after Chanyeol muttered the direction Baekhyun pivoted to that Sehun was off in a run in the same direction. It took a moment after seeing Sehun go for it locked in Chanyeol's mind to run after the two. He ran his way after them, but couldn't find either of the two as he turned the corner. Chanyeol cursed and placed his hands on his hips, angry. He didn't know where the two went off, and that gnawed at his insides badly. He gritted his teeth and shook his head before going back to where he came from, remembering that he wasn't supposed to be doing the chasing. Baekhyun was obviously struck by what he saw. That was the entire goal. But, Chanyeol wasn't so sure if what he saw on Baekhyun's face was jealousy or something else...

-

-

In Baekhyun's mind, the things that happened next passed by in a large blur. Sehun had caught him, dragged him down the flights of stairs, and took him home. And, at that moment, Baekhyun found himself at home, on his own bed, with Sehun on top of him with his lips slanted over his own.

The way Sehun was kissing him wasn't rough. There was tongue involved and Baekhyun could feel Sehun inside his mouth, but even that wasn't aggressive. The action seemed sympathetic and Baekhyun knew that that was all it was. When Sehun broke the contact, he looked in Baekhyun's eyes before gently placing his head against Baekhyun's neck.

"Still thinking about him?" Sehun asked in a muffled mutter. His eyes fluttered as he felt Baekhyun breathing under him.

Baekhyun gave a small nod. "It doesn't feel the same, Sehun..." he said in a tired whisper.

"No use in using my body, huh?" Sehun asked, smirking against Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun could feel his facial movement and gave a small smirk.

"No..." Baekhyun quirked a brow. "Where'd you get the notion of making someone feel better by using your own body, by the way?"

"Eh," Sehun grumbled as he shrugged. "Someone used to do the exact same thing to me."

"Who?"

"Ah..." Sehun rolled off of Baekhyun and lied on the space next to him. Both of them turned their attention to the ceiling. "A former third year...He graduated last year."

"Oh..." A silence passed between them. "Are you still together?"

The question struck home to Sehun. He wanted to say yes, but he wasn't sure where his relationship with Luhan stood at the moment. "I don't know. He's being distant to me right now. I don't really wanna talk about it," he grumbled.

"Sorry."

"It's fine," Sehun sighed. He paused for a moment. "I didn't think we'd have anything in common, Byun. Turns out we do. We both have the shorter end of the stick."

"Yeah..."

"But since I'm that idiot's friend—" Sehun turned his head to Baekhyun, "—I'm obligated to tell you to try again."

"I don't think I can," Baekhyun said, sounding crushed. "I don't— I don't want to face him. I don't want to go up to him with that gorgeous girl next to him. I don't think he knows how much that hurts."

Sehun blinked at the guy lying next to him. The words he said echoed in Sehun's mind. He wasn't aware that the tiny stunt would impact Baekhyun like this. Normally, Sehun wouldn't have cared. But, oddly enough, through a few interactions, Sehun felt like he and Baekhyun were on the same boat.

"He would've known if you were more open, maybe."

"I'm not good with feelings."

"I figured."