Drowning Wednesday

Wednesday came around pretty quickly. Baekhyun avoided Chanyeol all day on Tuesday and he was still going pretty strong despite the annoyed looks he kept receiving from across the cafeteria.  When Tao sat down at the table, making an exasperated sound, Baekhyun tore his eyes away from Chanyeol.

"I'm dead, you guys!" Tao cried. "I don't know what to do! I-I didn't mean to do it!"

Baekhyun kept eating, but glanced on over to Suho, who was usually the expert at handling situations. "Calm down, Tao. What're you going on about?"

"I kicked Kris Wu in the face!" Tao said with his shoulders hanging.

Suho, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun gawked at him. "You kicked him in the face!?" Kyungsoo burst out.

"Well, we were playing soccer, right? I wasn't able to aim the ball in the correct direction so I ended up kicking the ball in his face!"

"Did you at least apologize?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah! I mean, I was...I was going to, but—"

Suho groaned. "Tao..."

"You don't understand, though!" Tao cried. "He kept screaming at me! I couldn't even get one word in! He called me a fucking wack-job and told me that my faggot ass needed to go die! He said he'd rip my earrings out, Suho." Tao subconsciously covered his ears. "I...I didn't know what else to do but to call him a fucker and then try my best to walk away."

"Did you walk away?"

"Y-Yeah..." Tao looked down. "After I picked the ball up and purposely smashed it in his face..." he mumbled.

The three remained silent. Baekhyun put his food down. "Am I the only one who thinks that he deserved it the second time around?"

"Fucking Wu did deserve it!" Tao said. "But damn it...he's gonna come back and kill me for it, I swear."

***

"I'm gonna fucking kill him," Kris growled. "I'm gonna rip that kid to shreds if it's the last fucking thing I do."

"Who?" Kai asked, looking around.

"That little panda shit over there!" Kris barked, pointing over at Baekhyun's table.

"Baek?" Chanyeol asked, a little bit concerned over the possibility.

"No!" Kris replied. "The kid sitting across from him! The one with the freak earrings!" Kris began to feel his cheek. "Shit. It's bad, right? My face looks red, doesn't it? Fuck. I feel like it's bloated!"