TL: Monetary Matters (Dialogue)

The Letter: Monetary Matters

Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun

Word Count: 1960 (drabble)

Summary: Chanyeol would like for Baekhyun to meet his mother again.

- - - - - - - - - - - 

Baekhyun.

What is it, Chanyeol? I'm busy.

How do you feel about...

Feel about what? Are you going to try and sell me on the idea of adopting kids again, Park.

No, it's not about that—though, I would like you to rethink your opinion on that. I was actually going to ask you about it again.

The answer's still no.

Don't you think we should have a family? I like kids, and you do, too. You helped Kyungsoo with his daycare.

That doesn't mean anything. Anyways, I'm done with this. What did you want to ask me?

Fine. We'll put the adoption topic off for another day. I wanted to ask you how you'd feel about having dinner with my mother.

Your mother...

Yes. And before you say no, I want you to know that we'll be eating in public so hopefully that'll prevent any issues.

I don't know, Chanyeol. You know I'm busy.

I'm busy, too, but I still think we should.

What's the point? The woman probably hasn't changed since the last time she humiliated me. What business do I have with her?

She's my mother and you're my boyfriend. It's your business by default.

Yeah, well, I can change that so don't push it.

Yah, you'd really break up with me just because you don't want to eat dinner with my mother?

Who knows.

Unbelievable, Baekhyun.

I can hardly believe my audacity either. Besides, the likeliness of your mother trying to convince you that you deserve better than a broke cafe owner is high.

Stop being unreasonable. It's been 3 years. The woman probably changed her mind about you.

Chanyeol, 3 years ago, I was a student with no ambition. My family was middle-class poor, and I was fucking around with a rich kid whose family didn't like me. Now? I have an ambition, but the downside to that is that I'm still broke. My family's still middle-class, I'm now rolling around with a CEO and I'm living with him. Despite everything, it all still balances out against me, so not much has changed. And if not a lot of things changed about me then I doubt that your mother changed at all.

Baekhyun.

I'd rather die than to have her act like I'm using you for financial support.

...

Now can you drop the idea of meeting her?

No.

Chanyeol—

Baekhyun, I have strong intentions of marrying the fuck out of you in the near future, but I don't want you uncomfortable with my side of the family! Don't you think it's best to resolve this now?

If we got married, Yeol, wouldn't that make everything worse?

See, this is why you need to meet with my mother again, because I refuse to live like this. I don't want a life where you constantly hesitate on everything we do because you're worried about what my mother would say or think!