Force Play

Chanyeol was bored out of his mind as he followed behind his mother and Yoona, going from store to store. Whenever he waited in some dressing room, readying himself to give some bullshit answer on how Yoona looked in whichever dress she chose to try on, he would pull out his phone and try to text Baekhyun.

Much to his disappointment, Baekhyun would rarely answer. He managed to have some sort of conversation with Baekhyun for a while, but Baekhyun ended it by saying that he needed to go to the store and had to leave his phone behind to charge. Chanyeol put up with it and gracefully backed out with a good-bye.

It wasn't until Monday that Chanyeol anticipated seeing Baekhyun again, anxious to make up for Saturday. He drove over to Baekhyun's house with the intention of going to school together, but seeing as how Baekhyun's car was no longer in the driveway, Chanyeol knew that he had already gone to school.

Chanyeol found Baekhyun at his locker, lazily putting things in and taking things out. He grinned and broke into a small jog on his way over. Putting a hand on Baekhyun's locker, Chanyeol opened it all the way, hitting the door to the locker next to it.

"Hey," Chanyeol greeted with a smile on his face.

Baekhyun glanced and smiled at him, but drew his eyes back to his locker contents right after. "Hey."

There was an exchange of silence between them for a few moments. "So, um...about Saturday—"

"—Forget about Saturday, Chanyeol," Baekhyun cut in, giving him that same plastered-on smile on his face. "Quit worrying about it." Baekhyun gently pulled the door from Chanyeol's hand and closed his locker.

He took a step back and began to head down the way towards his classroom. Chanyeol pursued. "I can't help it. You took the time to ask me, but I—well, not necessarily me, but—"

"—Like I said," Baekhyun said more loudly. "Forget Saturday."

Chanyeol was taken aback by Baekhyun's tone and decided to stop talking about it like he was being asked to. Out of curiosity—and a sense of wanting reassurance— Chanyeol asked, "What did you end up doing on Saturday?"

Baekhyun sighed and gave Chanyeol a lazy movement of his hand. "I studied and reviewed some stuff. Nothing major."

"Oh..."

Baekhyun's Saturday ended up sounding extremely boring to Chanyeol, making Saturday very fucking hard to forget in his mind. It seemed to him like Saturday ended up being lousy as hell.

"Well, hey, listen," Chanyeol said, nudging Baekhyun as they walked. "I'll make it up to you, okay? Like I promised."

Baekhyun stopped walking to look Chanyeol in the eye. "I'm not expecting anything big, but how exactly are you going to make it up?"

Chanyeol grinned and decided to tease. "I don't know. Maybe I'll pull you out of class and I can kiss you all period—"

Baekhyun groaned a bit before shaking his head and continuing to walk, walking faster than the pace he was going at moments ago. "Never mind."

Chanyeol creased a brow and quickly caught up. "Yah! What's wrong? Not up for it—"

"—No. I'm really not," Baekhyun said, starting to get irritated.

Thrown off by Baekhyun's sudden moodiness, Chanyeol reached and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him into a stop. "Tell me what's going on."

Baekhyun met Chanyeol in eye contact. "Nothing. I just don't want to get pulled out of class just to make out with you," he said, strongly.