Tree House

PSA THESE ONE SHOTS GET PROGRESSIVELY BETTER WRITTEN SO LIKE SKIP OVER A FEW BC THESE ARE PRETTY SHITTY

connor murphy and evan hansen were in a tall tree, resting on planks of wood stapled into the side of the tree. connor's hand was lazily thrown over evan, who held onto it with his own hand.

     "my dear evan hansen, what to say to you? you're a work of art." connor stated simply, brushing a piece of his long hair behind his ear. evan's face glowed soft pink as he gripped connor tighter.

     "con... you don't have to say that... i'm really not all that nice..." evan mumbled on, nuzzling into the other's side as he did. he loved how warm and safe connor made him feel, but he knew he didn't deserve any of it. his anxiety always felt better when connor was around, somehow that boy helped him out of any stress he had.

     "but darling, i love you," connor said softly into evan's ear, caressing the side of his face a little. connor wondered to himself what did he do to deserve such a beautiful boy...

     "i-i love you too!" evan said quickly, feeling he needed to give back to connor's efforts. he didn't think he was good enough ever for him, he didn't think he should exist.

     "shh... it's okay, slow down, i'm right here..." connor wanted to reassure the other that it he meant more to him than anything in the world. connor quit drugs for evan, he didn't kill himself because of evan, he fell in love with evan.

     connor sat up against the side of the tree, pulling evan up with him and pulling him into a sweet embrace. evan looked into connor's eyes and carefully brushed his lips against the boys cheek, kissing it softly.

     connor blushed a little, rubbing evan's back and then pulling him into an innocent kiss, quickly turning into a warm make out session. connor held his thumb against evan's cheek, while evan tugged on connor's worn out hoodie.

     evan moaned quietly into the kiss, nothing dirty, just out of pure bliss for the other boy. connor smiled against his lips, evan was beautiful.

     just as evan reached for connor's hair, he heard a soft creak and then a snap of wood.

      and suddenly evan was falling down so fast he couldn't understand what was happening until he landed. hard, on his arm.

     he felt his arm go numb, tears streaming down his cheeks. he could still taste connor on his lips.

    connor was breathing heavily, immediately starting to scale down the tree. he felt his hands blistering and his hair getting mangled but one thing was in his mind: this was all his fault.

     it was only the tree to blame but connor hated himself for inviting evan to climb with him in the first place. he jumped to the ground to run to his fallen boyfriend.

     evan could only see blurs of connor running to get him. he felt a warm embrace a few seconds later, and he heard panicked words coming from him. he couldn't make out what they were saying so he just leant farther into the embrace.

     connor phoned an ambulance. he stared to whisper sweet nothings into his precious evan's ears. he wrapped him in his arms, holding him so close that no living thing could breathe in between them.

     "and everything's okay..." evan mumbled, before he heard the faint and distant sounds of an ambulance in the distance.

///

a/n: feel free to hate comment on this bc it's so bad!!! aha, suggestions would be nice ^-^ but hope you enjoyed!!!