Chapter 27

Merida groaned loudly as she pulled her arrow out of the tree.

"What do we do now?" She asked, and Eugene shrugged before a thought popped into his head.

"Hiccup! Didn't you say something about that 'castle' here?" He asked, and Hiccup snapped his fingers.

"Yeah, I did! Jack, can you build a dragon without Elsa?" He asked, and Jack sighed before running a hand through his hair.

"I don't think so--my power's not strong enough to make a dragon--a race car, maybe?" He trailed off, and Hiccup shook his head. Eugene rubbed his belly and moaned.

"Ah, I don't know why--but I'm in the mood for some chocolate." He said, before a voice spoke behind them.

"Did somebody say chocolate?"

~*~

The girls crashed to the ground as they teleported to Pitch's lair. It was obviously new since his last lair was basically destroyed--there was no exit.

Elsa had woken up when they landed, and she shut her eyes tight. She slowly sat up and rubbed the back of her head--wincing as she touched a bruise. She looked over to her right and saw Rapunzel laying down on the floor with her eyes closed.

"Punzie?" She asked, about to stand up when all of a sudden her hip started burning. She collapsed to the floor clutching her hip, and she cried out in pain.

"Will you shut it?! I'm doing something here!" A voice said in the shadows. She glanced up and saw Pitch working on something with his back to her.

"Pitch!" She yelled, blasting ice at him, but it stopped right before it could reach Pitch. Elsa became confused, and she shot another burst of ice at him--only to have it stop halfway before it went to Pitch.

"Your powers won't work, darling." Pitch said, and Elsa frowned.

"Don't call me darling." She said through gritted teeth, and he chuckled.

"No, I like darling." He said, resuming his work on whatever he was working on. Elsa looked at her hands and widened as she saw that her fingernails were black.

"What did you do to my fingernails?!" She yelled with panic.

"I painted them with black nail polish..." He said, awkwardly holding up a bottle of nail polish. Elsa made a what--why the heck did you do this to me look at him.

"Because...?" She asked, and he rubbed his chin with two fingers.

"Uh, well--I was wondering why everything on you is bright, so I thought--wait, I shouldn't be talking about this! You're just stalling me, aren't you?!" He said as he 'realized' what Elsa was doing. She raised an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms.

"I am not 'stalling', I am simply asking why you painted my nails black--what, you were bored and you 'don't have nails--?" She asked, but he cut her off by stomping his foot to the floor. Nightmare sand filled in the room, and Pitch's eyes were filled with rage.

"Just shut up, will you?!" He yelled with annoyance, and she cowered back--feeling a little fear. Pitch huffed and walked back to his work. He picked something up and looked at Elsa behind his shoulder.

"What's that?" She asked, and he walked towards her with the item in his hand. She crab-crawled back as fast as she can--but it wasn't easy because of her hip.

Pitch smirked, before he reached her. As he was about to throw the item at her, blonde hair wrapped around his arm. He looked back and saw Rapunzel clutching to her hair with one hand.

"Step away from Elsa." She said with a stern voice, and he scoffed.

"What makes you think that I'll listen to you?" He asked, and she raised an eyebrow before pulling her other hand in front of her. Her frying pan was gripped in her hand.

"I'll use this." She threatened, and Pitch widened his eyes. He held his hands up in defense before stepping away from Elsa.

"Alright, alright--I stepped away, no need to use the frying pan, dear." He said, and Rapunzel frowned.

"It's Rapunzel to you." She said, and he rolled his eyes. He looked over her shoulder and smirked.

"Nah, it's more like 'Goodnight' to me." He said, and she furrowed her eyebrows together with confusion.

"Goodnight--?" She asked, but was cut off when something knocked her out. Elsa's eyes widened, and she reached for Rapunzel.

"Punz--!" She said, but was knocked out by something, too.

Or someone.

~*~

Ooh, who do you think 'they/it' is/are? Ah, I kind gave it away since it's kind of obvious...

Favorite member of The Big Five? :3