Chapter 7

The nightmare horses charged at the group, and Sandy was the first to attack. He whipped a nightmare horse with dream sand.

Rapunzel hit the horses with her frying pan--it clanking every time she hit one. Merida and Hiccup were on Toothless. Once again, Merida gave Hiccup her sword and she stabbed nearby horses with one arrow. Toothless hit them with his powers. Elsa froze as many horses as she can with Jack behind her back.

Too many horses were on the ground, so Hiccup and Merida went in the sky. Sandy carried Rapunzel with a lot of dream sand since she was still a human--and she didn't exactly weigh as if she was nothing.

Elsa hopped onto Jack's back and he flew up the sky. They both froze many nightmare horses. Two charged at them from each side, and Jack let the wind stop holding him up. But he bumped into another horse and Elsa fell off of his back. She screamed.

"Elsa!" He yelled, and tried to grab his staff. Once he did, he zoomed to Elsa, only to find her with Hiccup and Merida.

"I'm okay Jack!" She yelled and he smiled. He let out a sigh of relief, and saw the sleigh in the air. Bunny hit many horses with his boomerang and exploding eggs.

He helped him and froze a few nightmare sand. He went next to the sleigh and looked at Bunny.

"You might wanna duck." He said to him. Jack ducked and Bunny threw his boomerang at a horse behind him. He smirked at Jack. Tooth hit many horses with her wand, and North hit many with his swords.

Jack saw Sandy hitting the nightmare sand that surrounded him, and saw that he was struggling to hit all of them.

Hiccup, Merida, and Elsa flew next to the sleigh on Toothless. Elsa got off of Toothless and went on the sleigh instead.

"We've gotta help Sandy!" He said to everyone and he nodded. Rapunzel also struggled to help Sandy as they were everywhere. Pitch appeared above all of this and aimed a nightmare arrow at the back of Sandy.

He let go of the arrow and it hit Sandy's back. It started to spread around him and the dreamsand.

"No!" Jack yelled. He jumped off of the sleigh and started zooming to Pitch.

"Jack!" Tooth yelled, trying to go after him, but a nightmare horse blocked the way. Elsa gasped and covered her mouth in shock.

"Sandy!" Rapunzel yelled as the dream sand on her feet started to fade into the nightmare sand. Pitch smirked at Sandy.

"I would say sweet dreams...but there aren't any left." He said. Sandy held his head up high, and closed his eyes as the nightmare sand took over the dream sand.

Rapunzel fell out of the sky.

"Rapunzel!" Merida yelled, and Hiccup directed Toothless to go after her. Merida reached out for Rapunzel and she caught her hand.

Jack kept flying up to Pitch. He shot a tsunami of nightmare sand at Jack. Hiccup looked back.

"Jack!" He yelled as everyone stared at Jack. Jack yelled and clapped his hands together. Frost started to spread across the nightmare sand. Pitch's eyes widened.

The sand bursted like fireworks and Pitch fell out of the sky along with the nightmare sand that was covered with ice. Everyone looked at Pitch, but quickly turned their attention back to Jack--who was falling.

"Jack!" Tooth yelled, and flew under him. She caught him and brought him to the sleigh. Jack rubbed his forehead and Tooth stared at him.

"How did you do that?" She asked him. Jack turned to Tooth.

"I didn't know I could." He said. North pulled out a snow globe and they went off to the workshop. Pitch landed near the forest and watched as they flew into the portal.

"Finally! Someone that knows how to have a little fun." He said, and then smirked.

~*~

The five and the guardians surrounded Sandy's picture on the ground. They held hands and bowed their heads down. The elves sadly leaned their head up and down, making a funeral tune with their bells.

Candles were around Sandy's picture, and the yeti's were behind the five and four. Jack let go of Hiccup's and Elsa's hand, shook his head, and then moved to another room.

Rapunzel looked at the place he went to and decided to follow him. The door was opened a bit and she peeked in. She softly knocked.

"Can I come in?" She asked him with a quiet voice. He stared out the window and didn't answer her. She sighed, and went in anyway. She closed the door and walked forward until she was about three feet away from him.

"Look, I know it's hard on you, but it's hard on me too. I could've helped him, but I just stood there. Even though I haven't talked to him that much, he was still a friend to me. This whole 'the Big Five' thing was made for-." She said but Jack cut her off.

"A reason to get us all killed. You're not immortal, Rapunzel. You're just a human." He said, tapping his pinkie to the window. The frost formed a picture of Sandy.

He winced, and bent over. He held his stomach.

"Are you okay?" Rapunzel asked him. He pulled his sweater up and a big cut was on his stomach. He pulled his sweater down.

"I'm fine." He said. Rapunzel shook her head and pulled his sweater back up.

"No, you're not." She said, and grabbed her hair, wrapping it around his stomach.

"What are you-?" He asked her, but she cut him off.

"Just go with it." She said. He hesitantly nodded. She took a deep breath and then closed her eyes.

"Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine." Jack's eyes widened as he watched her hair glow bright.

"Heal what has been hurt. Change the fate's design. Save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine. What once was mine..." She sang. She opened her eyes and unwrapped her hair around his stomach.

He stared at his clear stomach, the wound gone. He slowly looked up at her with an amazed face.

"Am I still just a human?" She asked him and raised her eyebrow. He laughed and shook his head.

"A magical-haired one." He said and she laughed. Her face dawned in realization and she nudged his shoulder.

"So, something going on between you and Elsa?" She asked and his cheeks turned pink. She squealed.

"Shh. There's nothing going on between us." He said, trying to make her quiet.

"Oh sure there is! You just won't admit it. I saw that snowball fight you two had." She wiggled eyebrows and he rolled his eyes. He stood up and backed away from her and went closer to the door.

"I'm not talking about this anymore." He said. She crossed her arms and let out a breath.

"Whatever you say, Frost. But let me tell you this--you will come back to me and ask for advice!" She said pointing a finger at him. He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair. He held the knob and stepped outside of the room, but not before turning back to Rapunzel.

"You just keep thinking that." Then he walked away.