Chapter 12

Jack tightly held his staff. He was afraid that if he loosened his grip a tiny bit, it would slip off, and Pitch would destroy him.

"All your memories, all you've ever wanted to know, in this little box." Pitch said, and held it out for Jack to reach.

Jack hesitated, and reached out for it. He pulled his hand back and sighed. Pitch pulled the box with him.

"I see. I guess you don't really want to know who you are." Pitch said, and laughed. He walked into the shadows, and Jack followed him.

He was on a bridge in Pitch's lair. Pitch looked back at him.

"I know your fears, Jack. You have many, I must say." Pitch said, and Jack frowned. He became afraid, and that bothered him. Pitch put a shadow under him and Jack fell in.

"One of them, is that children won't believe in you. You won't ever be seen by them, and ever be known to the mortal world." Pitch said. Jack went in circles trying to look for Pitch as he moved around.

"Another one is that the guardians won't accept you. That they won't need one day. I mean, out of all of those 300 years you were out there, they need you now? Why didn't they need you before, Jack?" Pitch said and Jack crouched down as his head started hurting.

"Stop it, stop it, stop it!" He yelled, covering his ears.

"And the last one. You're afraid that your own friends won't want you. Are they even considered as your friends? I guess not since you guys are always fighting. I see you are the closest to Rapunzel and Elsa. Anything going on between any of them?" Pitch said, and Jack turned away from Pitch.

Pitch reappeared in front of him and stroked his chin. He tiled his head to the side and walked around the globe. Jack blocked his thoughts, wondering if Pitch can read minds.

He can't, though. He can just sense fear.

"You're scared that you're going to lose your supposedly 'best friends' before you even get to that point. Rapunzel is your best friend out of all of them, yeah? Oh, and Elsa. You're the closest to her. I can feel that you like her a bit. Do you, Jack?" Pitch said. Jack had to lie, he didn't want her to get hurt.

"No." He said, lying. Pitch raised an eyebrow and circled Jack.

"So, you wouldn't care what happens to her? If a sudden death came?" He said and Jack panicked. If he said yes Pitch would use this as a weakness, but then if he said no Pitch could kill her.

He stayed quiet. Pitch frowned, and gave him his memory box.

"Have a good Easter." He said and then smirked. He walked into the shadows. Jack's eyes widened and he ran for Pitch.

He went through the shadow and stumbled into a tunnel. It was a trap. He turned back, only to find a door blocking the way. He pounded his fist on the door.

"Baby Tooth!" He yelled. An evil laugh came from behind him and he turned to see cracked eggs everywhere. His face softened with sadness, and he followed the trail of the broken eggs.

~*~

Bunny hid behind the bush with worry in his eyes. He watched as the kids looked everywhere for eggs, only to find nothing as most of the eggs were cracked.

"Maybe he hid them really good this year." The little girl said. The little boy turned to her as he checked in a bush.

"I've checked everywhere, there aren't any eggs." He said, and Bunny hopped out of the bushes and stood in front of the children. The little girl sat on the picnic table.

"No, no, mate. Here! I have some eggs! They aren't decorated but-." The little girl cut him off. She looked at the ground with disbelief.

"I can't believe it." She said, and looked at the little boy. Bunny chuckled and held an egg out to her.

"I know it's-." He said, but once again the little girl interrupted him.

"There's no such thing as the Easter Bunny." She said, and Bunny shook his head.

"Let's go." The boy said, and they started walking away. Bunny hopped in front of them.

"What are you talking about? I am real! I'm right in front of you, mate!" He said, but went into shock as the little boy passed right through him.

Jack watched as Bunny's face became sad--his ears going down. North turned to Jack.

"Where were you, Jack?" He asked. Hiccup nodded.

"Yeah, why didn't you come back earlier?" He asked, and looked at his hand. He didn't know what it was at first, but soon realized what it was.

Tooth flew to his side and frowned as she saw what was in Jack's hands.

"Where did you get that? And where's Baby Tooth?" She asked in confusion. She soon gasped as she realized where he got it from.

"You were with Pitch?" North said, his Russian accent thick. Merida passed through them.

"What?!" She said, shocked that Jack would do something like that.

"Oh, Jack." Tooth said with tears in her eyes. She put a hand up to her mouth, and Jack tried to explain.

"I...I was just-." He said, but Bunny cut him off. He hopped in front of Jack and pointed a furry finger at him.

"No, we should never have trusted you!" He said, angry. He softened and looked down.

"Easter, is supposed to be about new beginnings, a day of hope. But now all of that is gone." He said, and hopped away with the rest of the guardians.

Jack turned to the four. He sighed and held his hand out.

"Guys-." Merida slapped his arm away, and walked away. Hiccup followed along, but not before turning back to Jack with a disappointed look.

He looked at Rapunzel and Elsa. The two he was closest with. He held in a breath as he walked up to them.

"Punz-." He said putting a hand over her shoulder. She slapped it away, and held her frying pan up to him.

"Don't you dare call me that. I actually thought you cared, Jack. That you cared about us. All of us. But who knew that you couldn't care less about anything. I thought we were friends..." She said, and lowered her frying pan.

"We are-." He said, but Elsa turned back at him and looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"Are you sure about that now? You called all of us dumb. Were you just...faking everything? Did you really care if I died or not? Did you...want me to die?" She said, and turned away from Jack as tears fell from her cheeks.

"Snowflake, please-." He pleaded. He was cut off when his face turned to the right. Rapunzel had slapped him.

"Stay away from us. Maybe this idea was good...just without you in it." She said, and then walked away, putting a hand over Elsa's shoulder. Jack backed away with tears in his eyes.

So this is what it feels like.