Chapter 15

"Oh, how sad." Pitch said above Elsa and Jack. Jack slowly looked up and frowned at Pitch. Jack laid Elsa on the sleigh and lightly kissed her on the forehead before zooming up to Pitch.

He tried to freeze his nightmare sand, but he was too strong. Jack's eyes widened, and the nightmare sand made him fall.

He fell on a garbage can, and onto the floor of an alleyway. The rest were just passing through the alleyway, but stopped once they saw Jack fall.

"Jack!" Jamie yelled, going to his side. Jack stood up and rubbed his head. Jamie rubbed his back, and the rest surrounded him.

"He...he's too strong." Jack said, and Rapunzel looked around. She turned to Jack.

"Where's Elsa?" She asked, and Jack looked down. She looked at him with sympathy and tapped his back with her frying pan.

"I'm sorry." She said, and then looked back as she heard a neigh. There were many nightmare horses-or nightlings-cornering them in the alleyway.

"It's over." Pitch said, standing next to a nightling.

Jamie turned to Jack. He held onto his arm and hid behind his back.

"Jack...I'm scared." He said, and Jack crouched down to his height.

"It's okay, we're gonna have a little fun." Jack said, and his face dawned into realization. He smiled and looked at Jamie.

"Fun! That's my center!" He said, and Jamie raised an eyebrow confused. Jack told the rest to get the tops of garbage cans.

"So, Jamie. Do you believe in the Boogey--oof." Pitch said as he rode on a nightmare, but was cut off when a snowball was thrown at his face. Jamie laughed, and tried to stay serious--covering his mouth. The rest laughed, and Jack made a trail of ice, leading the rest--just like how he led Jamie around the town two days ago. They yelled with joy, and Rapunzel struggled to keep all of her hair in her arms.

Hiccup stayed with Toothless, flying above everyone. Jack was carrying Jamie, making it look like Jamie was flying since only a few believed in Jack Frost.

He went around Jamie's friends' houses, and Jamie yelled at them to go out. One of his friends, Pippy, saw Jamie flying. She asked how he was doing that.

"Jack Frost!" He yelled back at her. She rubbed her eyes in disbelief before she saw Jack flying next to Jamie. She smiled and got her sled, going with them.

A few parents saw Jamie, Rapunzel, Hiccup, and Merida, but they just ignored them. Some freaked out when they saw Toothless.

Jack was leading them to the sleigh, and stopped right in front of it. He looked at Elsa and was on the verge of crying. But he didn't want to cry--especially in front of kids. And also the fact he was going to become the guardian of fun.

"Give up, guardians! I will win this battle!" Pitch yelled as a huge tsunami of nightmare sand started to fill Burgess.

"Why do you do this Pitch?!" Merida yelled at him. He shot nightmare sand at her, and she picked up the kid that was in front to her. She dodged the nightmare sand.

"Nobody believes in me! I will make them believe and fear me!" He yelled, and Jamie decided to join in the conversation.

"I do believe in you, I'm just not afraid of you." He said. Pitch looked at him. Jack moved in front of the kids and blocked them from Pitch.

"Don't worry, we'll protect you." Jack said, and Pitch laughed.

"You'll protect them?! But then who will protect you?!" He yelled at them. North stood weakly, using his sword as a cane. Bunny felt intimidated as the other kids stood tall compared to him. Jamie stepped forward.

"I will." He said, brave. Merida looked at him, proud.

"I will." His friends said one by one as they stood in front of the guardians. Pitch rolled his eyes and made the tsunami move faster.

Jamie held his hand out, looking away--closing his eyes, waiting for the nightmare sand to come and envelope him into darkness.

But it wasn't nightmare sand that touched his hand. Well, it was...but it turned into something extraordinary.

Dream sand!

Pitch watched as the dream sand spread through the town, and the nightmare sand slowly going away. The guardians felt stronger. North cautiously stood up and saw that he had the strength to do so. Tooth was now enabled to fly.

Pitch became angry, and made nightlings attack. North grabbed two snow globes and threw them to the floor. Yetis came out of the workshop and went to Burgess.

A nightling chased Bunny--who was waiting for himself to change back into the tall Bunny. He shrieked, and hid under a car.

The nightling grabbed Bunny from the car and pulled him out. But, he wasn't the cute, little bunny anymore. He was the 'Easter Kangaroo', as what Jack calls him.

He punched him and started to fight along with the rest. Big eggs from the Warren appeared from the ground, and one of the kids got lifted up by one.

Hiccup got a cut on his shoulder and it started to bleed. Rapunzel rushed to his side and put her hair on his shoulder.

She sang the healing song fast, and the wound was gone.

"That's cool. And thanks." Hiccup said, standing up looking at Rapunzel. She nodded, and swung her frying pan at him. He ducked just in time.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled. She pointed behind him, and a nightling was about to strike at him. Hiccup looked back, only to find Toothless trying to shoot the nightling.

He ducked, and glanced at the nightling. He turned to Toothless.

"Seriously?!" He said. Toothless smiled a toothless smile at him, and Hiccup rolled his eyes. He hopped onto Toothless and they began flying.

Most of the nightmare sand became dream sand, and the dream sand made beautiful artworks such as dinosaurs and sting rays.

The four followed Pitch to an alleyway, where he wanted them away from everyone else.

"Give up, Pitch. You're gonna lose something." Merida said, her bow and arrow ready. Pitch smirked, and made nightmare sand go around the four.

"Then how come you guys already did?" He said, and Jack held his staff tight, striking ice and snow at Pitch. He stumbled back, and Rapunzel hit him with her frying pan from behind.

Toothless grabbed Pitch by the shoulders and flung him to the wall, and Merida shot her arrow at Pitch's chest.

Pitch winced, and the four went in defense mode. He disappeared into the shadows, and the four looked around them.

Pitch snuck up on Jack from behind, and held an axe high up in the air--ready to kill him.

Merida turned around, and threw her sword at the axe.

"Jack!" She yelled, and Jack turned around. He cowered down in shock, waiting for the nightmare sand to kill him.

But it didn't come. A golden whip grabbed the axe and pulled Pitch back. Merida smiled, and quickly hopped on Toothless behind Hiccup. They flew up to the roof, wanting to see what was going on.

Rapunzel went on Jack's back, shivering at his cold touch. He jumped up to the roof. He smiled wide at the sight.

Sandy!