Chapter 28

Marinette stood in front of a golden mirror in the entrance hall, taking a quick look at her dress. She wore the purple dress that she had bought with Alya and Chloé, the necklace that Chat had given her hang around her neck. The guests would begin to arrive soon, herself and 'Ms. Cheng' would be welcoming them.

The first to arrive was Alya, who were set off by her mother. 

Just after Alya went into the house the other guests began to arrive. 

After around half of the guests had arrived, Chloé and her father came as well, but the last two to arrive surprised Marinette a bit, It was Gabriel and Adrian Agrest. Gabriel, for some reason, seemed quite happy to see Ms. Cheng again.

Marinette and Ms. Cheng followed with them into the ballroom and announced that dinner would be served. Marinette was seated at the head table, along with Ms. Cheng, her friends, Adrian and his father. Adrian beside Marinette.

Dinner went uneventful, people chatting with each other and, of course, Chloé hanging onto Adrian. It was only a small meal, for there would be dancing afterwards.

Just as they entered the ballroom again, something that Marinette could never have seen coming happened, Adrian asked her to dance with him, and she said yes, even though it brought some complaining from Chloé's side.

Marinette and Adrian stepped out onto the dance floor as the first pair, but were soon joined by others.

"It's a beautiful necklace" Adrian said, as they danced, obviously talking about the necklace that Chat gave her.

"Thank you" Marinette smiled "I just bought it a few days ago" she lied, earning a smile from him.

A/N I'm just gonna end here. I'm sorry that it been some time since I've updated, but I was busy last week and I've been away on vacation for easter, with no internet at all. It didn't help much for this story that the muse struck me with a great idea for another one, I've already posted the prologue. I'll try and make it up in the next few chapters. New update schedule, every second week from now one with Miraculous Villains. Q