Chapter 18

"This is Ladybug?" Alya asks pointing at the carved picture on the stone tablet.

"Yes" Marinette replied, putting on some gloves "a Ladybug from around 3,300 years ago."

"Wow" awe spread in Alya's face "but why is she there?"

"I don't know" Marinette said, walking over to the tablet "but we'll know soon."

Marinette began to examine the old tablet, every time she leaned closer to it, her miraculous hit the stone, the same happened as she looked at something above the carving of Ladybug, once the brooch made contact with the stone the carving began to glow a faint red color. Marinette, surprised by the light, stumbled back in surprise, a small clicking sound came from the tablet.

Marinette looked up at the big tablet, a piece of it was sticking out of the side. She walked over and looked down into it, she found a green ring shaped like a snake biting its own tail. Marinette opened the letter, everything was written in hieroglyphics.

"Nooroo, can you come over here?" Marinette called.

"What is it Mistress?" Nooroo said floating over her shoulder.

Marinette handed the letter to Nooroo, his eyes grew the more he looked at the letter. after a few minutes he began reading it aloud.

"The great sorcerer has prophesied that I  Tutankhamun, Pharao of Egypt, would fall after the appearance of a hero, it bore great sorrow when I heard that she had arrived, but never the less, preparations for my burial had already begun and the treasure was sealed away, the great sorcerer gave me this ring, he called it the miraculous of the snake, it is the same kind of artifact as the one that gives the new hero powers, it is the only key to my treasure" Nooroo turned the letter to reveal a map, showing where Tutankhamun's treasure was hidden.

"Now we know why there's a carving of her" Marinette said after a few seconds "but why was she there in the first place? Could it have been for this Nooroo?" Marinette" asked, holding the ring up for Nooroo to see.

"It's possible Mistress" the tiny purple kwami said "but there is no snake miraculous, it's a fake, many of those has been made, especially in the middle ages."

"Why was she there then, wouldn't her kwami have told her it was fake" Alya said.

"We were all curious when someone said there was a new miraculous, it has actually happened that a new one was made, the peacock miraculous is younger than the others, it was created by a magician long ago, even before Tutankhamun's time" Nooroo said, he then pointed at the ring "I wasn't around when that one was made, I didn't have a Mistress or Master at the time, but it does hold one power."

"What power Nooroo?" Marinette said, curiosity in her voice. 

"The power to open Tutankhamun's treasure chamber, a few Hawkmoth's have tried to open it, but all failed, like all others who have tried, I even remember where it is" Nooroo beamed with happiness.