Chapter Thirty-Five

They talked about moving in together for almost an hour. They decided that they would do it, just not yet. They were going to wait at least until they reached their first anniversary.
Dropping the topic, they instead cuddled and talked about their lives. Sapphire talked about how she was always doubted by people, and Ruby talked about the bullying she endured over her body shape.
"They never really mentioned why, but people just hate my body. They see muscles on a girl and they think it's disgusting." Ruby muttered.
"Well I think you're perfect. Every part of you is." Sapphire whispered. "Also, I really love your muscles. I think they're sexy." She gently kissed one of Ruby's biceps, turning the taller girl cherry-red. The shorter was then attacked with smooches and tickles. She laughed and snorted with glee, the taller having too much fun making her Laughy Sapphy the happiest person in the world, no, in the universe.
                                            ~
Time moved by too fast for both of them. A few months had passed, now both girls were back in the dreaded time of final exams. They stressed over every studying hour that passed, feeling as if they weren't ready. Sapphire had perfect grades, nothing but As, but Ruby had Bs and Cs, which wasn't as great. They began to study together, which was mostly time wasted because their studying sessions turned into cliché make-out time, and occasionally into something a little more intimate. Nowadays Ruby was spending most of her time with Sapphire. Of course they hung out with their other friends, but just not as often as they used to. It wasn't like they were always together, though. They obviously had to be with their own friends, but they found it harder to be apart than before. This worried Sapphire because, although she loves Ruby, she doesn't want to have that connection of needing, even though she knew she needed Ruby more than anything. She still had her silly doubts about unlikely possibilities. It was as if her mind branched out every situation possible. But then exams passed, and they were thankful for that. Fall became Winter, Spring, and finally Summer. Emerald was completely out of the picture and looking for someone else to be with. Now they could be together, not worrying about being apart. Sapphire had a great plan in mind, only waiting to see if Ruby would also like it.

She wanted to take Ruby on a trip.