Chapter 71

Austins POV

"Mom." I walked into her bedroom. She was sitting up reading a book. When she heard the door open she looked up at me.

"Hey Austin" She said putting g the book down. I walked over to her bed and sat next to her legs.

"Mom. Ambers mom wants me to go to New York." I said trying to get her permission. She just looked at me.

"She bought the tickets already. And ive been to New York a million times. I know where I'm going." I said looking up at her.

"Why are you going to New York for?" She asked me. Then I told her about Amber having short term memory loss and that Ambers mom wants me to go so doesn't forget where shes going. I also told her that Amber meeting her future roommate there.

"When are you coming back?" She said.

"On Tuesday." I said quickly.

"Oh okay. You go but make sure that shes safe okay?" She said rubbing my arm.

"okay mom." I said smiling at her. It was silent for a few minutes.

"Do you still like her?" She changed the subject. I sighed.

"No mom I don't like her anymo.." I was cut off by my phone vibrating. I took it and looked. It was Amber.

"Its Amber." I said looking at my mom. She said go ahead and I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Amber?" I asked looking at my mom confused. It then went silent.

"What happened Amber?" I broke the silence. She didn't speak.

I waited for a few seconds then i heard "Ummm ... Ill tell you tomorrow." Then she hanged up the phone. I looked at it.

"That was weird." I said out loud.

"What happened?" My mom said. I looked up.

"She said that she'll tell me tomorrow." I said unsure.

"Oooo.. she has to tell you something." My mom joked. I faked laughed then I got up. I went to the door then I turned around because mom said something.

"Yea?" I questioned her.

"Make sure she's safe... okay?" She said again.