Chapter 42

Ambers POV

I woke up this morning happy. Its been 3 months since the phone incident. Alex told me everything. Austin was actually talking to me instead of Alex. I should've known, he was clueless.

I don't want to say I'm over Austin because if I did than that would be a lie. The first month without Austin was hard but I got through it. After I deactivated my twitter I never went back on. I never threw away my posters. I don't know why.

My mom helped me get through the breakup. Laura my "best friend" doesn't talk to me anymore. The last thing she said was "How can you break up with Austin? Don't talk to me." That was a month ago. We haven't talked since.

I'm glad that we aren't friends anymore. No more distractions. After she said we couldnt be friends I went on and started looking for colleges. I sent my application to NYU a couple weeks ago. They haven't said anything back.

After I brushed my teeth and washed my face, my phone vibrated. It was Alex. I didnt answer it. Alex and I have been talking a lot. Every week he calls me to check up on me.

Last week I told him about NYU and he said that he hopes that I get in. But most calls he tells me to come to New York to see them. He couldn't stop bothering me about it. Almost every call he asks me if I can go. I always turn him down because of school and transportation.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face thinking about life. I went downstairs and sat on the couch alone. I looked at the clock and its 7:20 AM. Mom doesnt come home until 9. I got up and decided to get the mail.

The weather is perfect. The sun shines bright and the wind is mild. Everything felt perfect. I got to the mail box and put the key in the key hole. I twisted it open and I saw a pile of envelopes. I took the envelopes out and closed key box. As I was walking back I was looking through the mail. Everything was for my mom but not the last one envelope. I got to the house and I opened the door. I walked in and closed the door. I plopped on the couch throwing the mail that wasn't mine onto the coffee table.

Its for me. I thought to myself. I couldn't help but open it. As I opened it 2 tickets came out. 2 concert tickets. I read it and it was for a Austin Mahone concert.

I didnt order these... But then I thought. A week ago Alex mentioned getting tickets for me.

Flashback. (A week ago)

"Why do you always say no Amber?" Alex asks me on the phone.

"Because I think he needs his space and I need mine. And plus I don't have money." I said.

"Then I'll get you tickets." He said.

"You're joking. Tickets cost like 200 bucks."

"Im not kidding. I'm Alex Constancio. I can get you tickets. Anyways I have to go. Bye Amber." Then he hanged up.

End Flashback.

I guess he wasn't kidding. I took the tickets and went upstairs. Once I walked in my plain white room I put the tickets on top of my drawers. I jumped ontop of my bed.Then all of a sudden my phone starts vibrating again. I looked at it and its Alex.

I answered it and said "Hey Alex. I got the tickets you sent me. I'm still not going to the ..."

"Amber?" He said. His voice didn't sound like Alex's. It sounded low and raspy.

"Um yea. who is this?" I said concerned.

"Its Austin." He said. My heart started beating faster.

Why is he calling me from Alex's phone? He couldn't call me from his phone?.

"What do you want Austin?" I sighed

"Alex is in the hospital." He said.

"What!." I shouted. I got up from my bed.

"Where are you guys?" I ask Austin.

"Were in Orlando."

"Orlando??" I questioned.

"Yea." He confirmed.

"Its like 3 hours away from here." I walked to my closet.

"Then start driving." He said.

"Okay I'll be there." I hanged up the phone. I reached my closet and I started going through my clothes. I came across a sweater Austin gave me. It was his trukfit hoodie. We were on a beach and it was cold so he took off his hoodie and gave it to me. I forgot to give it to him.

I took it and put it aside. I put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I took the black hoodie and went downstairs. I took the keys to my car and ran out the door.

September air filled my lungs.

I got in the car and threw the hoodie on the passengers seat. As I was gonna put the keys in the ignition my phone vibrated. It was a text from Austin.

I opened it and it was the address to the hospital. I put the address in the GPS and I started the car.

I stated driving to Orlando which was 3 hours away from here. Waiting to hear why Alex was in the hospital.

heheh Thanks for reading guys :) If I get 35 votes on this Chapter, I'll make Chapter 43 :)