Chapter 9

I woke up from knocking on the front door. I didn't open it. My mom did. It was Austin. The tissue was still on my wrist. It was stuck to the dried blood. It stung when I took the tissue off.

He can't see me like this.

I got up form my bed and I went to my closet and took my jacket out and put it on. I heard the front door closed. Did Austin leave? I unlocked my door and I went downstairs quietly. I peeked into the living room and i saw Austin sitting on the couch waiting. He looked up at me and I backed away from the edge so he doesn't see me.

He didn't see you. its okay. I started walking back upstairs

"I saw you." He said calmly.

Damn. I walked down the stairs and sat next to Austin on the couch. We sat there for about 10 minutes. He didn't say anything and I didn't say anything to him. Then he said "Come on." He grabbed my wrist and we started walking out the door. It hurt when he grabbed my wrist because that was the wrist where I cut myself.

"Wait what about my mom." I looked back and I saw her standing there smiling.

"Go on." She motioned me to go with him. She smiled.

We both ran out the door and went to his car. He opened the door for me and I went in the passenger seat.

"Where are you taking me?" I looked at him. He got in the car, looked at me with those eyes and said "Somewhere special."

It was about 7 o'clock at night. It felt like hours but we finally stop at this toll thing. We drove up to it and Austin rolled down his window. The man looked in the window and looked at both of us.

"2 bucks please" The man said. He seemed like he hated his job. I would if I had to stand there alone in the dark. Austin gave him 2 dollars and the man gave Austin 2 tickets. He gave me one ticket and kept the other one.

What is this? I thought to myself.

"Where are we going Austin?" I turned to Austin with a confused look on my face. Right then I saw it. The giant white screen. Almost as big as the Jumbo screen in New York. Then I saw a whole bunch of cars parked in front of the gigantic screen.

"Oh. I know what this is. Its like a drive in movie theater. I always wanted to go to one of these places." I turned to Austin smiling.

"I always wanted to go here too. I pass this place a lot of times and I always thought that it would be great if I brought you here." He turned to me and smiled.