Running

During the next weekend, Kyungsoo had Baekhyun at the gym. Kai had told him that he had to be at a fitting to get a suit tailored for him. When asked why, Kai just shrugged and told Kyungsoo that it was some sort of party that he was going to be forced to go to next week. Conscious about being at the gym alone, Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun to go with him, which he eventually agreed to.

When they were finally inside the building, Kyungsoo finally took a good look at what Baekhyun was wearing. The guy had sweats and a hoodie on. Setting his bag off to the side of a bench, he asked, "Are you going to work out in that?"

Baekhyun seemed confused at first, but then he realized what Kyungsoo was talking about. "Oh—No, I was gonna take it off."

"Oh, okay." Kyungsoo shrugged off his jacket and took off his hat. "Treadmills?"

Baekhyun nodded as he took off his hoodie, leaving nothing but a black wifebeater on. "Sure."

On the way over to the machines, Baekhyun tugged on the white shirt that Kyungsoo had on. "Not gonna strip?" he joked.

Kyungsoo laughed. "No, I always work out in shirts."

"Why?"

"Cause I don't like the way I look just yet," Kyungsoo said, grinning. "One day, though, I'll look like you. Maybe even better."

Baekhyun snorted. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a shrug and a twinkle in his eye. "I don't know. Sex with Park's doing you good, though."

Baekhyun's jaw dropped slightly open. "What?"

"I'm just saying you look good," Kyungsoo said, smiling reassuringly at Baekhyun, who was still caught in the moment of when Kyungsoo mentioned the words "sex" and "Park" in the same sentence concerning him.

When they got to the treadmill station, Baekhyun had to get Kyungsoo to set it up for him. He didn't want to run so Kyungsoo set it to a moderate speed before Baekhyun carefully hopped on and Kyungsoo went to the treadmill next to his.

Once they were both moving—though Baekhyun noticed how Kyungsoo was going for the small jogging route—Kyungsoo decided to ask Baekhyun about his plans for the following week.

"So, birthday," Kyungsoo started, in between breaths as he tried to control his breathing while jogging. "What're you going to do for your birthday?"

Baekhyun glanced at the serious guy next to him. "I don't know. Maybe stay at home. Watch a movie or something."

Kyungsoo turned his head momentarily at Baekhyun. "Not gonna have a party? What about your friends? Not gonna invite us over?"

"Do you want me to invite you guys?"

Kyungsoo scoffed. "Yeah! But we can do better than a movie, Baek. Come on, now," he huffed. "Party. Let's have a party—Resturant. Wait—Yeah! Let's rent a restaurant."

Baekhyun laughed. "Kyung, we can't just rent out a restaurant. We're not Chanyeol—Or Kai, okay?"

Kyungsoo waved a hand. "Okay, nevermind. Let's just reserve a table that'll fit us all and tell them that it's your birthday. Maybe they'll be nice and give us free dessert—scratch that. No dessert. That's bad—Ah, but I want dessert, but—"

Baekhyun chuckled. "Who cares? You're going to end up eating whatever they serve us for dessert anyways."

"Eh," Kyungsoo said, shrugging. "That's true."

During their entire conversation, Kyungsoo kept slowly, but repeatedly changing the speed higher, and at the time then, he almost seemed out of breath to Baekhyun, who was comfortably speed walking his term. When Kyungsoo looked too challenged, Baekhyun frowned and jumped off his mill, moving over to Kyungsoo's. He pushed the button that made the mill go slower.