Chapter 62

Friday, August 5th, 2016

Bey's POV

I move into the dorms in five days, and I have a lotta stuff to do before then. I'll be kinds busy, so I won't have much time to see Sophie. So, I decided to spend the day wit' her. Me and Shawn. We've been here practically all day. She has us paintin', playin' with blocks and barbies.

"I needa snack." Sophie announced after she put her book away.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked.

"Uuuuuum. I dunno. Someping." She shrugged her shoulders.

"How about a PB&J?" Shawn suggested.

"Uuum. I don't know what dat is but otay."

"It's a peanut butter & jelly sandwich."

"Ooooooh! Annnnndd apple sauce?"

"That'll work." I told her. The three of us stood up from the floor.

"Big Head, you gotla pick me up." Sophie said with her hands in the air. Shawn bent down to pick her up. Once she was secure in his arms, she pinched his nose. She thought it was funny, so kept doin' it.

"Let me guess." Shelly said when we got to the kitchen. "Little Sophie is hungry."

"Yup!" Sophie answered.

"Well how does a grilled cheese sound?" Shelly asked. She had already started makin' lunch. Grilled cheese and fries.

"Hmmm. Better den a PB&J."

"Can your belly wait ten more minutes?" Shelly asked.

"Uuuh." She held her chin and actually thought about it. "I guess so."

"Bey, Kerry is stopping by in a little bit. Will you be here?"

"Aaaw, really?" I smiled. "I'll be here."

"Sophie, would you stop pinching his nose?" Shelly laughed a little.

"But it's soooo big!" She giggled.

"You better be lucky that you're cute." Shawn said as Sophie was pinching his nose.

"I'm bery cute! Wight, BB?"

"Right."

"Come on, Big Head. We goin' outside." Sophie demanded.

"How you just gone boss me around?" Shawn asked chucklin'.

"Betause, I'ma pwincess. Dats what BB said. Wets go!" Shawn just shook his head. Shelly laughed.

"I'll bring the food outside."

"Okay." I said then went outside with these two.

"Otay, Big Head get dat ball." Her tiny finger pointed to the small blue hand ball. Just like she told me, he got the ball and have it to her.

"Otay, now wift me up to shoot da ball inna basket." Shawn did what he was he told. Over and over again, Shawn lifted her up so that she could put the ball in the basket.

"I smell fwenchie fwies!" Just as Sophie said that, Shelly and some of the kids came outside with plates and juice. There's a picnic table, and they usually eat out here for lunch. The five kids that came outside, sat at the table. Sophie decided to be a traitor, and sit on Shawn's lap. It's okay, my feelings aren't hurt. Shelly brought sandwiches and fries for me and Shawn, too.

"BB, wanna play basketball after we eat?" One of the kids asked. There is no court, but there is a backboard above the garage.

"Sure?" After we ate, we got ready to play basketball. We just shot around, 'til they grew tired of playin'. They ventured off to the other activities.